14.

Arabella

It was a few days before the baby shower, and I couldn't be any more nervous. I wanted to have everything go just as planned.

Plus, Deandre and I agreed to calling his parents and relatives to come to the baby shower. He was super nervous, to be honest I would be too. But I don't have a family.

As I was on the couch in the living room, Deandre walks over to me.

"Alright, almost everything is according to plan so far. I just have to place the chairs and tables of where the presents and food will be."

"Sounds great." I give him a tight smile.

"What's wrong bae?" He asks.

"I'm just... really nervous." I confess.

"There's no need to be, baby. I know it's short notice meeting my family, but everything will be just fine." He kisses my forehead.

"I guess so." I huff.

"I promise everything will be." He repeats.

"Okay, okay."

"Now, let papa see that beautiful smile of yours." He smirks.

I just look at him blankly. We both stare at each other for the longest until I start to laugh.

"There it is." He smiles.

"Now, you hungry? I can make you something to eat or take you somewhere?"

"No, I'm not right now."

"Okay, bu-" I interrupt him.

"Actually, I want some chocolate and sour patch kids the watermelon ones, some ruffles and a bottle of water." I give him a huge smile.

"O..Kay. I guess I'll be back then baybeh." He chuckles and grabs his keys.

I laugh to myself and pulled out my phone.

I decided to call the center to see if I could call my parents. Maybe it's not such a bad idea.

I have so many questions to ask them, I feel like my head is going to explode.

As I looked up in the phone book, I found the center I lived in for most of my life.

"Hello, Katrina speaking." The woman answers.

"Hi, Katrina. This is Arabella Jenks and I would like an update on my family?"

"Oh Arabella! How are you honey?" She squeals.

"I'm just fine Katrina. And yourself?"

"I am great now that I got a call from you my girl! But, that update in your parents? I think you should come right in first thing tomorrow at 9am, so we can follow up on that."

"Okay, thank you so much. This means a lot to me."

"I know it is honey. You have a good evening alright?"

"Yes ma'am. You too."

We say our goodbyes and I hang up and decided to watch tv.