2.

3 years later.

February 1, 2018

Arabella

Three years. Three whole years since I've last seen him. I was waiting, constantly waiting for him.

Just something about him, made me feel confident about myself. We didn't even know each other that long.

"Bella? Bella?" My best friend Jamari waves in my face.

"Oh! Uh.. Hey. Sorry. What's up?" I clear my throat.

"I was just telling you that we have a new employee... He is fine."

"There you go with that again. I swear, you are man crazy." I laugh.

"I can't help it.. I mean, this man is really fine. Come on! You gotta see him."

"Can't you see I'm trying to work?" I laugh.

"No, you weren't. You were daydreaming. Now get your butt up and let's go see future bae." She whines.

I huff and follow her to where this guy was.

"Look!" She whispers. "He's right there."

I looked over to where she was pointing. He looked oddly familiar.

No, it can't be him. It can't. Can it?

I shook the thoughts away, and just said to myself that I'm thinking about him too much. I need to get back to work to clear my head.

I guess I was staring at him too long, because he looks over at me and smiles, like he knew who I was.

Did he?

I blushed and look the other way. I needed to get back to work, and fast.

"You have fun staring at him, and I'll be at my desk, working."

"Don't have to tell me twice." She laughs.

I shake my head at her, and laugh.

As I was walking, I was gently grabbed by my arm.

"Hey, I'm looking for.. Arabella?" He says looking at a piece of paper.

"Deandre.." I smile.

"Arabella?" His eyes brighten with joy.

"Hey!" We both hug each other.

"What happened to you? I thought we were going to see each other again after the hospital." He asks.

"Oh.. Well, I don't know actually." I look down.

"Well, ever since that night, I couldn't stop thinking about you. How about I take you out sometime? I want to get to know you better."

I couldn't help but blush at his offer. "Well, that's very sweet of you."

"So, is that a yes or no?" He chuckles.

"Well call me, and I'll let you know." I smile, and take a sticky note from a random desk and wrote down my number.

"Will do." He smiles and winks.

After work, I had gotten into my car and made my way into my new apartment. After the incident, I decided to move immediately.

I was excited to go lay down on my comfortable bed, put on some sweatpants, and eat food while watching Netflix. I needed a vacation.

I turned on my tv and went to Netflix, and chose my favorite show, Scream.

It was an interesting show to say at the least.

While I was watching the 5th episode of the first season, my cell phone had rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Arabella?"

"Why, yes that's me." I smile.

"Thank goodness. I thought you purposely gave me the wrong number." He chuckles.

"No, I'm not the type to do that. If I didn't like you, I would've let you known that I didn't want you."

"Well, straight to the point huh." He laughs.

"That's me, Ms. Blunt Arabella."

"I like a woman that's real. Doesn't sugar coat anything. Just give it to you straight up."

"Well, I guess you found a keeper." I bit my lip.

"I guess so." He says.

It was quite until he spoke again.

"So, how about me taking you out somewhere?"

"Depends on what you're planning."

"I was thinking, Laser Tag and District 5, and then taking you out to lunch afterwards."

"Did you just say.. District 5?" I say shocked. This man knows me too well already.

"Yeah... Do you not wanna go there?"

"What you mean!! I've been dying to go there! I'm totally down!!" I scream.

"Wow, this is great." He laughs. "How about this Saturday at around 12?"

"Sounds like a plan. I'm so excited." I screech.

"I honestly can't wait to hang out with you now." He laughs.

"I can't wait either." I smile and giggle like a little girl.

"Well, I'll see you at work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah you will." I smile.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I smile extra hard and hang up.

Man, I feel like I found the right man. Maybe those three years were meaning something about change.

This change in me, feels great. And I can't wait to see what the future holds.