Guardian.

"We have to move, now!" Alex repeated, grabbing Vivian's hand and pulling her towards the back door. Squints and Libby hopped up and followed. Just before they reached the door, Vivian pulled Alex to a stop, her eyes wide with fear.

"She'll know I was here, my scent is everywhere." Alex's mind raced furiously, trying to come up with a solution.

He gently pushed Vivian towards Libby, and put his hand on Squint's shoulder, his voice urgent as he gave orders. "Squints, you take the girls back to your place, don't let anyone inside, no one, understand?"

Squints nodded, "What about you?"

Alex glanced back towards Nerissa and took a deep breath. "I'll distract her, throw her off if I can. Give me half an hour after you get back, if I haven't called you by then, you need to get Vivian out of here, get her somewhere safe."

"Alex you can't," Vivian said, her voice full of fear and worry. "She'll know I was with you, she will get the information out of you and then she will kill you." She shook her head slowly, tears shining in her eyes. "I won't let you die for me."

Alex gave her a small smile, and gently tapped her under the chin. "I'll be fine. Go with Squints and listen to him...I'll see you soon." Not waiting for an answer, he turned and began to walk towards Nerissa.

He reached the bar, and quickly glanced back, confirming that his friends had gotten out. Silently praying that they would make it home safely, he approached the dark figure.

"Well, well, fancy running into you again."

Nerissa looked up quickly, and she failed to mask the surprise on her face as she saw him. "Alex, what a pleasant surprise. Can I buy you a drink?"

He sat down beside her and shook his head. "No, no, I'll buy you one. What will you have?"

She parted her red lips in a smile and leaned towards him slightly. "What a gentleman. I'll have a bloody Mary."

Of course, Alex thought to himself as he ordered the drink, then turning back to Nerissa, he stared straight into her cold silver eyes. "So do you make a habit of frequenting clubs?"

She was the one who broke eye contact, flickering uncertainty and nervousness for a moment before masking it with a smile. "Not usually, I'm looking for someone."

Alex nodded, pretending to remember. "Oh that's right, the girl. No luck yet?"

Nerissa shook her head, then suddenly she froze, Alex's heart began to pound as she slowly turned and looked at him, leaning forward until their faces were just a few inches apart, her eyes narrowed. "Have you seen her?"

Alex stared back evenly. "No. How would I know what she looks like without a description?" Nerissa still looked suspicious, taking a deep breath, she furrowed her brow in confusion.

"I um...that's strange..." She murmured to herself, finally straightening up and looking away, still confused.

"What's strange?" He asked innocently, gauging her reaction intently.

"It's nothing." She said quickly taking a drink of her bloody Mary. Then suddenly she stiffened again. Wheeling on him quickly, she grabbed the front of his shirt and he winced as her nails dug into his skin. "You're lying to me." She hissed, her eyes beginning to glow red.

Alex took a deep breath, and acting on instinct, he stared straight into her red eyes and said firmly. "I did not see her, I've never seen her. I was never here. You drank too much and then passed out, you don't remember anything else."

He watched the red in her eyes disappear, the pressure in her hand slacking. She blinked several times, and then went limp.

Alex caught her, and pulled her off the bar stool, noticing that she was a great deal lighter than she looked just like Vivian. He carried her to the back of the club where a small lounge was set up with couches and chairs. Laying her on one of the couches, he quickly exited the club and got into his car.