Tsukiko's birthday (part 2)

Start from the beginning

Takuya scoffed, facing his back at him. “I did” was his response. “But it doesn’t matter now. I can’t change the way I was before. I can’t erase the fact that I was a jerk to my sister. It’s too late”

“No it’s not” Aomine gave him a hard stare as he looked back at him. “Do you have any idea that she’s still hoping that you’d still be the same? And things will turn back to the way it was?”

Takuya stiffened his hand gripping on his fist. “Nothing will happen if you don’t do something” Aomine stated with a serious tone as Tsukiko but in, calling them to get ready for the festival.

“Oi, Daiki, Momoi’s calling you” she told him, leaning against the wall door. Aomine glanced at her surprisingly and understood the looked she gave him in leaving them alone.

“Well, I’ll go and see what she wants” Aomine stood up and gave her a peck on the cheek before leaving them. “Happy Birthday again” with that, he disappeared inside the big house.

“Thanks” Tsukiko smiled and went to sat beside her brother in silence. She hummed one of her favorite songs while staring at the dark sky above them. “It’s been a while since we stare at a dark sky like this” she mentioned, glancing at her brother who had a blank stare.

“Y-Yeah…” he replied his mind floating, recalling the memories he had at the house where they grew up. “Hey, Tsuki-chan…” he called Tsukiko by the nickname he usually calls her when they were kids. “I’m sorry…”

Tsukiko narrowed her eyes for a bit and turned back to soften. “Takkun…” she spoke softly as Takuya’s hand made its way to grab hold of hers, gripping it tightly. “I’m sorry for being such a jerk to you for the past years and the present. I was an idiot for leaving you off like that. I’m really sorry… I’m sorry…” hot tears escaped his shut eyes, as he grunted cursing himself. “I don’t know if you could forgive me…”

Tsukiko pulled him into a warm hug and rubbed his back soothingly letting him cry in her arms. “Oi, you baka, stop crying already...” she shushed caressing his cheek as he pulled away. “You idiot, of course I’d forgive you”

Seeing her giving him a warm smile, put him to ease. A smiled planted on Takuya’s face as he once again hugged her sister and later stood up, as she pulled him up. “A-Arigatou…” he sniffed.

“Stop, crying, you’re such a baby” Tsukiko laughed knocking on his forehead and pulled him back to the dining room where the rest were waiting for them. The girls were already in their kimonos, while they guys were all dressed up.

“Takuya!” Chiyoko had once seen her grandson again and squeezed him in a hug after kissing his cheek. “Oh, greetings, Oba-chan. I’m sorry I just came to visit now” he said, hugging her back. “Oji-san--” the greeting he received from his grandfather was a karate chop at the head.

“Tsuya you fool! Why didn’t you visit me and your mother for years?!” the grandfather thought it was Tsukio and Takuya’s father since he resembles him a lot. It’s been a while since he had last seen him, and he was still a kid back then. And now, he looks more mature and manly like his father.

“Eto, Oji-san, that’s not Oto-san… that’s” Tsukiko tried to explain but Takuya beat her to it. “It’s Takuya, Oji-san” he chuckled that didn’t do anything better because he got another chop from his grandfather, much harder. “O-Oji-san!”

“Takuya Satoshi!”

“Oh, Tsuneko, you better wear your kimono now!” Momoi instructed and pushed Tsukiko to a bedroom while bringing her new kimono with them. The old woman told them to go ahead to the festival before them, as she dragged her husband to some place before he could he give another karate chop to Takuya.