Chapter sixteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I understand donnicciola (Italian for sissy), but you can't think that way of him. Even though I haven't met him, I can tell he's a good guy."

"Luca, it's not like I can not think that of him. I have to be prepared for anything he throws my way. I mean what's the difference between me and that other girl? Nothing, just how one day he was really probably feeling her. Having her to think shit sweet to then turn around and hit her with that fucked up shit. The same thing can happen to me."

"The difference is that for him Shannon true feelings are involved."

"How? How, do you know that Luca? How?!... cause you don't. You're not one of his friends, you don't have a past with him, hell! You haven't even met the guy yet and you have the balls to make to make that big of an assumption on him."

"Shannon, calm down you're getting too hysterical." he says, waving me off.

"Fuck you Dante."

He shrugs. "To answer your question I don't know, but I just have a gut feeling about him is all."

I'm ready for a topic change.

"How's the "family" business?" I say, drowning myself back into paper work.

"Like it always is...stressful, but I can't complain."

"How's my sister?"

"Satisfied as always."

I can hear the smug smirk in his voice.

"Shannon, I can tell you caught feelings for him whether you want to believe it or not. My thing is it's never going to go away so why don't you just pull yourself up by the boot straps and just take this leap of faith. If he fucks up, I'll kill him. Simple."

What is with him and violence today?

"Yeah, yeah." I say, waving him off.

"I mean you guys are already in a relationship. I know you are already showing signs of possession towards him."

Yeah, I guess... 

"Listen, I like him. I've caught feelings for him. In the next couple of months I can see myself saying I love him, shit I can probably say it now and it will be true. I still have doubts with him still being young and technically a kid, in my eyes. Plus, his career is taking off because with Jeffery giving him the staring role Lucas will become a A-list actor in no time, and me and you both know with his career taking off like that he doesn't need a responsibility of a family tying him down. Cause I'll be damned if I'm posted on all social media platforms as the headline news with them exposing Lucas's scandals and cheating escapades."

"You're right, I see where you're coming from. It's smart playing it lowkey with him, but it would also be dumb for him to play you in anyway due to you having such a great influence on people in entertainment."

"No, not at all. If Lucas played his cards right, he could literally out us to the public and his fan base would increase a good twenty percent, give or take—"

"Nah, I say about forty-five percent. Because he'll have your fan base to come and support him, that right there is thirty within itself. Then you have the new recruiters coming and chasing after him that's a good five percent right there. Lastly that ten percent will come from the show he's starring in."

Ouuuu I like when we talk numbers like this. I should've became an account or sumin.

"Damn. That's a lot." I comment, leaning back in my chair.

"Give or take." he says, shrugging.

"Dan—"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Jackson. I tried telling him not to come in." Tyler says, busting through the door clinging to Story's hand.