Introduction

"A strong woman knows that greatness can be achieved when she focuses on lifting others up instead of tearing them down."

Welcome to the journey of a fun – loving farm girl, chemist, and dentist who hates the taste of macaroni and cheese, but loves the taste of spaghetti. Born and raised on a farm in the rural parts of South Georgia, my life has been a continuous voyage of self – discovery. After twenty – three years and a bachelor's degree, I had a few hesitations about trading in my cowgirl boots for scrubs in the charming town of Augusta. But after four years of dental school, I eagerly handed in my scrubs for high heels in the big city of Atlanta. Although the big city was quite entertaining, I decided to let go of my heels for swimsuits on the beaches of Savannah. Savannah – the beautiful and peaceful place I call home. Well, at least it has been home for the past seven years. Only God knows where I might be or what I may trade my swimsuits in for in a few more years ...

Over the past seventeen months, my mind and body have eagerly anticipated the birth of my little bundle of joy – this book. Based upon my own unique personal experiences as well as the thought – provoking experiences of others, the content of this book was written with the same love and attention to detail that a mother would give to her newborn. It was written first and foremost with you in mind: to help you discover who you really are, encourage you to love and believe in yourself, challenge you to become your very best self, and inspire you to follow your dreams.

As you read, you will discover ...

This book is a collection: a mixture of short stories and prose telling the stories of human hopes and fears. Each story and prose has an original quote below its title. Embodied within every set of

quotation marks is a positive message that will enhance your life. As you read, dig deep within yourself to uncover the answers to helpful questions such as, "Who am I? What is my purpose in life? Am I living my dreams? Who/What is most important to me? What do I want out of life? What do I need to make me happy? Where am I headed? How do I get there?" and so on. Your answers to these questions are important and will give your life a sense of direction.

As you read, you will discover ...

Although this book is not lengthy in pages, it is varied and filled with substance. Within five chapters, you will find out what happens when you: believe that your life has a special purpose, change the way you view yourself, your life, as well as the world, open your heart and mind up to new possibilities, learn to maneuver around life's unpredictable obstacles, hold on to and let go of the right people, and embrace the spirits of hope and positivity. Within five chapters, you will experience my life as well as the lives of others, the meaningful good, the painful bad, and the unpleasant ugly, as if you were present in the moment. This will be a personal and intimate journey of self – exploration and self – discovery; a journey of acceptance, courage, gratitude, forgiveness, hope, happiness, and love.

But remember, not just my journey: your journey as well.

Now sit back and relax, grab some popcorn and a blanket, and let's begin our journey. Keep in mind as you read, although every day of your life has a purpose, "Everyday Isn't Perfect."

Want to read more? Copy and paste this link: https://amzn.com/B01GNLNQ28