8- Nightmare

Layla's PoV:

The room is dark.

Nobody's here.

I am alone.

I try to escape, but I fail.

Why am I here ?

Suddenly the door opens and a small beam of bright light shines into the room.

A person walks in.

That person walks towards me and I take a step back.

He gets closer and closer and I try to move away.

My body bangs against the cold wall.

"You did it. You're guilty."

This person whispers into my ear and causes my skin to go all goose-pimply.

All of a sudden something sharp and cold touches my neck.

As I slowly look down I see a knife.

With blood on it.

"You're the next."

I wake up and the room is dark, again. I start to panic. Suddenly somebody touches my arm slightly. I scream as loud as I can, but as a large hand covers my mouth I have to stop.

"Don't be afraid. It's just me", a familiar voice says, but the room is dark and I can't see this person. I blink my eyes a few times, trying to recognise the person, but his face is blurred.

He slowly takes his hand back. I'm breathing heavy and I am scared. My breath is shaky and quaking with fear. I can't think right now, since I'm scared as hell.

"It's me, Niall.. Calm down.. You were having a nightmare.. Come here by my. Everything's ok now."

Without thinking I take his hand and he squeezes it lightly. I should have recognized his voice. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer. I lay down on the bed again and Niall's strong arms hug me tight. I cuddle up to the blonde boy, but he does not loosen his grip. My head is resting on Niall's chest and I can hear his heart beating. His heartbeat pacifies me. I feel so safe and fearless in his arms. I can smell his perfume, which is really good.

"Don't cry", he breathes into my ear.

His breath is warm and sweet. He smoothes my hair down with his large fingers and his touch comforts me.

I didn't notice my tears. Niall wipes them away and gives me a kiss on my temple.

"G'night", is the last thing I hear him mumble before I drift off to sleep.

---

Next day:

I turn around, but the bed feels cold and empty. My eyes are still closed as I paw the bed. I slightly open my eyes, but there's nobody lying next to me.

There's nobody who is holding me in their arms.

There's nobody making me feel safe.

But last night.. Last night Niall was lying next to me.. He was holding me .. He was taking care of me.. He was comforting me.. That wasn't a dream, was it ?

After a few minutes I stand up and put some new clothes on. I brush my teeth, put my hair into a high ponytail and go down. While texting Amelie I head to the kitchen to have breakfast.

"Morning", a boy mumbles walking past me. As I look up from my phone I see Zayn taking place on the counter. He isn't wearing a shirt so I am able to see all of his tattoos. He's got lots of small tattoos, just like Louis. On closer examination I notice that they all have kind of a meaning, like this little bird on his chest. Under the bird there's a little text : be free.

It's quite beautiful. There is a cartoon-like tattoo. It says 'ZAP!'.. I wonder what it means..

"What are you looking at ?", Harry asks and interrupts my thoughts. As I turn around and look at him, he just winks.

"Uhm, nothing", my cheeks flush and I walk quickly to the fridge. I open it and take some milk out. Then I open a kitchen cupboard and take a packet muesli.

"Layla, do you have free time today?", Louis questions me with no emotion in his voice.

I nod without looking up.

"Then we're going to spend some time together. We have to talk.", he states and walks out of the kitchen. He sounded kind of angry..

As I look up I catch Niall looking at me. He stares with his mesmerizing blue eyes into mines and after a few seconds he looks away. Is he blushing ? It looks like he's having a guilty conscience.. Nah, my imagination is probably messing with me. Why should he feel guilty ?

I make some coffee and quickly walk into my room without talking to the other boys. I decide to relax, because my week was very busy and exhausting. I had lots of assignments to do for school and I barely had freetime. I turn the TV on and flip through the channels, just to stop on MTV. I turn the volume up and listen to some songs from Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, Pitbull and so on. I decide to telephone Amelie and we end uo talking for hours. She tells me how she met a lovely boy and they went on very well. He even asked her out and she agreed.

Afterwards I decide to clean my room and take a shower. As I am tidying my room my phone vibrates and I check it and see that I have a message from my step-brother.

*I'm ready. Be downstairs in 10 *

Why is he so .. so possessive ? I sigh and get ready. After lots of thinking I decide to weare some jeans and a simple tank top. It's not that we're going somewhere important.. Just spending some time with my step-brother. As soon as I finish I climb down the stairs. I spot Louis, who is standing in the corridor and he looks extremely furious.

"I said 10 minutes ! 30 minutes passed now, Layla!", Louis scolds me while I am putting on my coat and boots.

"Louis ? Are you alright ? You're a little bit stressed", I answer in a soft voice. I also put my bonnet on, since it's looking cold outside. He huffs and as I look up at him, he looks aways, avoiding eye-contact.

"Just hurry up. We have to do some serious talk", my step-brother says in a harsh tone and leaves the house, not caring to wait for me.

I hear some muffled voices and then I see a person appearing in the corridor. It's Liam with some beer-bottles in his hands.

"Liam, do you know what happened to him?" I ask Liam as he passes by. The boy stops abruptly and looks at me like I've grown three heads.

"It's because of you..You should know about it..", he shrugs and walks into the living room.

While rolling my eyes I open the door and walk down the road towards Louis' car. It's cold outside and it'll probably rain later.

"Where are we going?", I try to sound happy as I take a seat, maybe then he will get a little bit relaxed. As he remains quiet I turn around to face him, but he's looking out of the window.

"What were you doing last night with Niall?", Louis ignores my question. He turns his head and looks with his green eyes straight into mine.

💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Thanks for reading it ! Luv u x

~Silvi xx