forty-two

lauren's pov (11:00am)

here i am again, broken hearted. always happens to me, doesn't it?

i walk into my house, tears streaming down my face. he told me he wanted a second chance. i gave him one because i thought he would fight for me and i thought he liked me a lot. 

"finally, you're here- what happened?" nick says, noticing me in the hallway. "zach happened" i said. "wanna talk about it?" nick asked.

i thought about it and i knew i needed someone to talk to. besides, if there's any other person i fully trust, it's my brother. 

i slightly nod and he motions me to come into his room. i walk into his surprisingly clean room and i sit on his bed while he sits on his desk chair.

"explain" he demands. i took a deep breath and i let all the information out.

"so basically, zach came into my room on the day when we both stayed home. he asked for a second chance and me being the stupid one, i gave him a second chance. then i guess we were.. friends. the night of, he told me his childhood friend was coming over and he wanted me to meet her the next day. i said okay, because why not? so i go this morning & the girl is a total bitch and turns out zach has been sending her hearts and stuff" i say.

zach's pov (11:01am)

right after lauren left, it was super awkward. victoria and i were still in the same position. i was going to go chase after her but leaving victoria here could be risky.

who knows what she could do?

"do you like her?" she asks me, after a long silence. "yes i do. in fact, i'm in love with her" i said. "oh.. well let's do something to get her off of your mind" she suggested. "good luck, no matter what i do, she's on my mind 24/7" i said.

"well then, we should get her back" she said. "you'd help me?" i ask her. "of course! it's fun seeing my best friend in love" she nudged. "i thought you liked me?" i said. 

"i did.. but i rather have you as a friend, seeing that you found your girl already" she said. "oh my gosh, thank you. i need her back. she keeps me sane"