thirty-six

lauren's pov (7:54am)

loud knocking at my door is what woke my up. i groan and i slide out of bed and i swing open the door, revealing zach. 

"what?" i ask. "digi is in two hours, you have to get ready" he said, scratching the back of his neck. "oh i'm not going" i respond, attempting to close the door.

he stopped the door with his hand, making me open the door wider. "you're coming" he told me. "no.. why would i wanna come? to see you and ariel kiss and hug in front of fans? so ariel can get her fame? you and ariel got your needs. but i got what i didn't need.. a broken heart" i said, crying. 

i shut the door and this time, he didnt attempt to stop me. i crawled back into bed and i checked my phone. i scrolled through instagram. 

i come across a post from zach. it was a picture of him and ariel in a selfie together. they were both sticking out their tongues. i read the caption.

it's zach and ariel. zach and i love each other so much, but it's gotten too hard for us to be together with all the distance between us, our schedules, and preparing for our tours, so we have decided its best to just be friends. we care about each other so much and will still be the same best of friends we have always been. we don't want you guys to be sad because we feel closer than ever and want you to feel that way towards us too. thank you for supporting us!

i wanted to know how long they have dated because obviously, they have been dating before i even met zach. why would zach do this? did ariel know he was with me while they were dating?

i got another knock on my door. i shut off my phone and i leave it on the bed. i open the door to see nick. 

"you're not coming?" he asks, frowning. "hmm.. no" i said. "just please come lauren. i don't want you not having fun while we are" nick persuades. "no" i repeat. 

i close my door and i lay back in bed. i close the blinds and the lights as i lay there in complete darkness.

(11:43am)

i awaken from my short nap. i check the time and i realize i should be at digi. but after a few seconds, i realize i said i didnt wanna go. 

i scrolled through twitter again and i come across a picture that ari posted. it was a group picture of everyone plus some other friends of my brothers.

reunited!! orlando was so much fun!!

i notice zach wasn't in the picture and i was immediately confused. 

i got the notification saying my battery was at five percent so i frantically searched for my charger, finding it nowhere. 

i grab the key to the next room and i open it. nick gave me this key just for emergencies. i swing open the door but i freeze once i see zach. 

"why are you here? aren't you supposed to be at digi?" i ask. "you're not there so why would i be? it's not fun without you" he says. 

i don't respond as i look for nick's charger. i checked in his backpack, on his bed and even in the drawers but i didnt find anything. 

"hey do you know where nick put his charger?" i ask zach. "no.. you can use mine though" he offers. "thank you" i say, slightly smiling. 

you don't know how mad i am at zach.. but some part of me still has those feelings for him.