twenty-nine

lauren's pov (11:41am)

i woke up to someone waking me up. "what do you want nick?" i ask, groaning. "it's not nick" the voice responded.

i knew that was zach. i look up from my pillow. "hi.. what are you doing here?" i ask. "i wanted to know if you would wanna go on a date with me tonight at 7?" i smiled.

"a date?" i ask, raising my brow. he nodded. "of course!" i exclaim, giving him a hug.

"well i came here to ask you that.. but i gotta go so i'll see you later? at 7, don't forget and wear something cute" he reminds me, walking out my door.

"ooh, someone's got a date" nick said, appearing out of nowhere. "we're you eavesdropping?" i ask, glaring at him. "obviously" he said, walking out my room.

i facetimed cat and she answered, making me sigh in relief.

"hey girl! i've missed you!" she exclaims. "missed you too cat! anyways, zach asked-"

"he asked you on a date?" she yelled, covering her mouth with her hand. "yeah and i need help on what to wear" i said.

"of course i'll he-" she was cut off by a oice in the background. "cat who's that?" mario asked, popping up behind cat.

"oh hi lauren" mario said waving. cat then pushed him away and told him to go away.

"do you know where he's taking you?" she asked. "no but he told me to dress cute" i said.

she clapped her hands in excitement. "show me all your dresses" she demanded.

i obeyed and i brought my phone to my closet and i gave her a preview of each dress i owned.

"i like the peach laced one" she said. i picked that one out from the pile and she nodded.

"makeup?" i asked. "neutral with no lipstick because i doubt zach would wanna taste lipstick when you guys kiss" she winked.

i laugh and i nod. she told me to curl my hair and to wear some black combat boots.

"laur" she said. "mmm?" i hum. "what were you gonna tell me at the airport?" she asked.

i smile knowing she wanted to know so bad. "blake likes you" i said. "he does? i like him too!" she exclaims.

"i'm gonna text him" she said. "you do that" i respond.

i hung up the call and i ate some breakfast since i've missed that.

breakfast at noon? good job lauren.

zach's pov (4:57pm)

i walked to the mall and i walked into a flower shop. i got some white daisies since lauren told me she adored those.

i got her a small white teddy bear that had my voice recorded in it and i got her a card.

i payed for those items and i walked home. when i arrived home, i took a shower and i changed into a button up with some jeans.

i put some gel into my hair so it would stay in a quiff. i got what i had planned for her all in nick's car.

nick was gonna be the one who would drive us since i wasn't too old to drive.... yet.

"your going all out man!" nick said, once he saw me. "obviously" i said.

i put the teddy bear, the daisies and the card in the backseat i put the freshly ordered pizza box and blanket in the passengers seat.

lauren's pov (6:45pm)

i breathed deeply for about five seconds, knowing that zach would be here any second. i checked my look in the mirror for the 25th time today.

"you look great honey" mom said. "thank you ma" i said.

the doorbell rang and i walked down the stairs. i open the door to see zach.

he was holding a bouquet of white daisies. he looked absolutely handsome and i instantly smile.

"hey, you ready?" he asked. "yes" i said.

i step of of the doorstep and i close the door. i follow zach into the backseat when i notice nick, driving.

"hi nick why are you-" i said. "shh, pretend you don't know me" nick whispered.