thirty-two

lauren's pov (8am)

i was awoken by nick, telling me to go and pack for orlando today. today was friday and our plane leaves at 12. 

i packed the same items i packed for san francisco but i packed more clothes. i sat on my luggage to get it to fully close which worked. 

i check my phone to see that i was put into a group chat with all my friends.

mario: hi guys, when you arrive, meet at the mcdonalds.

nick: okay

ariel: i gotcha

zach: alrighty mario

ariel: hi zach!!

zach: hey ariel :)

i guess i found myself a tiny bit jealous but why would i be? they just said hello to each other. this past week was great, i hung out with zach most of the time. i decided to text the group chat.

me: hi guys

nick: hi sis

mario: hi lauren 

cat: yo laur

 i didn't get a text from neither ariel or zach which seemed fishy to me but i shook it off. the doorbell rang and that should be zach since he is on the same plane as us.

"hey zach" i hear nick say from downstairs. my room door opens and zach appears in the doorway. "hey laur" he said. "hi" i said. 

i grabbed my luggage and rolled it down the stairs, leaving him in my room, alone. "hey what's wrong?" he asks, jogging up to me. "nothing" i respond. 

it was quiet and awkward until nick came down the stairs with his luggage. "ready to.. go?" he asks. i can tell he knows there is awkward tension between us. 

"let's go" i say. us three call a taxi and it brings us to the airport. we sat around and waited for our plane to arrive. when it did, we boarded and we took off to orlando. 

(skipping plane ride)

i walk off the plane, following nick while zach was trailing behind me. i slept the whole plane ride because i didn't wanna talk to zach. 

i didn't know why i was like this. him and ariel are just friends.. right?

zach's pov (3:34pm)

lauren was being so distant. i didn't know why. she didn't talk to me in the morning and during the plane ride, she slept, leaving me with no one to talk to. 

nick looked at me and nodded towards lauren who was on her phone. 'what happened?' he mouthed. i softly shrug my shoulders. 

i hope no one told her about what's going on.