Chapter 13: Armies and Terrible Memories

WOw, it feels nice to be finally updating this story! I have had this chapter written for a while now. I just haven't had time to type it. :( I want to finish this story soooo bad. Only if Nadya would tell me where she's taking this story, I would be able to type/ write it up! So, I will be focusing on this story more... that is, IF I get a bunch of reviews! Otherwise, I'll make you suffer! :D

Remember, I don't own Twilight ect ect. You know the drill.

On with the story! Remember, review! :)

Home is Where the Heart Is

Chapter 13: Armies and Terrible Memories

Fear and panic flooded my body. This was the real reason for Sasha coming to La Push; she was trying to warn me. I quickly covered the little gold figure with my fingers. I shoved it back in the bag. Seth could never find out what it truly meant. If I had been alone, I would've been cursing his name in every language that I knew- and that was a lot. A curse slipped from my lips in Italian. "I'll be right back," I muttered, patting Seth's head absentmindedly. Then I was running in the direction Sasha had taken. My body shifted back into my previous form as I ran. I had always been fond of wolves, but now they had an even more special place in my heart.

She was waiting for me about almost a mile away from the border. "What the hell Sasha? What's going on? What did he do? How bad is it?" I yelled, shifting back quickly.

Sasha didn't say anything for a moment, moving her gaze from my face to the ground. "Bad. Real bad. I don't know all the details. You have to go back to Peru! I know that you swore to never go back there ever again, but you must! You have to go and see if you can stop him of this madness before it's too late. Please Nadya." Sasha begged.

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you know for sure?" I wanted to know if it was worth it going back to that forsaken place.

"Jose is plotting something. More shifters are appearing in Peru…"

"'The Gods will it'? Is that what Jose is preaching?" I asked my voice full of scorn.

"Basically. The villagers are blindly following him. He's also calling other shifters to come and help him. I believe that's he creating an army to over throw the Volturi. They're like the vampire's royalty or, more likely, mafia. You have to stop him. Aro, Marcus, and Catius- the leaders of the Volturi- and their guard may kill vampires, but they're the reason one has found out about vampires. Unfortunately, they make sure no one finds out and human at any cost. They're preoccupied at the moment with the Cullens and a human pet or something, but either way, they aren't paying attention to what's going on in Peru. That's all know, and some of its just guesses." Sasha said.

I could tell that all the blood had drained from my face, making me look like a ghost. I knew for a fact that my blood felt like it had turned to ice. Then I started swearing very colorfully. This was much worse that I had originally thought. A wolf howl cut through the air. It was pretty close; almost to the border. "Sasha, get out of here. I'll meet you in Peru in about a week or so. Keep me posted if you learn anything new." I ordered. She nodded and hugged me and darted off. I focused my mind on a new shape, a smaller, lighter one. My eyes grew sharper and I was able to see the tiniest of bugs and a tree nearly thirty feet away. I fluttered my wings and I lifted myself off the ground and landed on a branch of a tree. I stayed where I was, watching and listening to the pack make their way closer and closer to me. I wanted to make sure that they knew I was okay before I took off. I had to come up with a plan to go to Peru without Seth or any of the others knowing. When the wolves were only a few yards away, I let out a shrill and swooped out of the tree. I momentarily landed on Seth before taking to the sky.