Part 31

Natasha's POV

Steve and I was faced by a long hallway as he pushed down the door. The walls were disgustingly white and I took a few steps away from the door, checking the walls and ceilings for cameras but found none. I looked over at Steve who seemed to be surprised by that as well. We began running through the hallway, looking around if we saw any guards or such but found none. I frowned a bit but kept running. It all felt so unorganised but yet so dangerous. Steve seemed to be as confused as me. We had both been prepared to fight but we didn't encounter a single person as we ran the hallways that didn't seem to end.

After running for what felt too long, we reached a door. "I don't think we have much of a choice." Steve said and I nodded. "Just open it." I said and he ran towards it and broke it down. Steve smiled a bit, as if he was proud over it. I chuckled, giving him a cheek kiss before we kept on walking. We entered a room and was surprised to see a glass door straight forward, giving a glimpse of the blu sky outside. Steve looked at me and I looked back at him. We slowly walked towards the glass doors, as a weird feeling ran through my body. I put my hand on the handle and opened the doors quickly. Steve gave me another glance before we walked out on the pavement outside. The building looked like an industry from the outside and as we both took another step, guns were pointed at us. Four men stood at either side of us, each holding a gun. They were dressed in black suits with helmets so it was impossible to identify them.
"What do you want?" Steve asked angrily as one of the men laughed a bit. The men didn't answer his question but kept pointing the guns at us.
"What the hell do you want?" I asked, even more angry than Steve and took a step towards one of the men who backed but held up his gun higher.
"Don't take another step!" A voice said and I could swear that for a moment.. I recognised it. Then all of a sudden, the men pressed the trigger and I got drowned in water. As well as Steve. We looked confused at each other as the men shot water at us. After a few minutes when we were drenched in water, the men stopped shooting and everyone stood still, not saying a thing. Then all of a sudden, one of the men burst out in laughed and the other three joined. Steve looked at me confused and I rolled my eyes, understanding who the voice belonged to.
"You freaking assholes." I said tiredly.
"Natasha, what is.." Steve began but I walked forward to one of the men, dragging of the helmet and was greeted by a smiling Clint. Steve opened his mouth in shock as the other men dragged of their helmets. Standing in front of us was Clint, Thor, Tony and Bruce, all holding one water gun. They were all still laughing and I couldn't hold it back and began laughing as well.
"What the hell?! I thought someone tried to kill us!" Steve said angrily. Tony laughed even harder at that.
"That was the point!" He said between the laughs.
"We wanted to get back on you guys for that time when you revealed that you were dating. Well, Tony wanted to get back at you." Clint said and I jokingly punched him in the stomach.
"I even asked Natasha to marry me and you all just, this.. I'm so mad.." Steve continued and they all stopped laughing a bit.
"You're getting married?" Clint asked and I smiled warmly at Steve who clearly didn't want it to end this way. He was happy that they weren't in any harm but he probably wished he could have proposed in another way. I'd enjoy telling this story for years to come though.
"He kind of asked me while we were tied up at those tables." I said and Steve just shook his head.
"Good way to propose man." Tony said and Steve sighed.
"I though we were going to die." Steve said and I chuckled.
"Oh so you don't wanna marry me anymore?" I joked and Steve smiled a bit but continued to shook his head.
"I hate all of you." He said and we all laughed.

Steve's POV

When we got back to the apartment, we changed clothes and I helped Natasha with her hurt wrists. A prank is going too far if someone starts to bleed, period. She sat on the edge of the bathtub as I carefully cleaned her wound, carefully wiping away all the blood. Natasha still smiled a bit, still finding the prank a bit funny while I still hated it.
"I really don't understand the fun part.." I said and Natasha laughed a bit.
"Well, maybe you're too old." She said and I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile at her happy face.
"You even got hurt.." I said and now it was Natasha's turn to roll her eyes.
"I'm fine Steve. Besides, I got something better in return." She said and I looked at her confused.
"What?" I asked wondering. She gave me a warm smile that made my body go soft.
"Well, I get to marry you and I'll have a great story to tell everyone." She said and I chuckled a bit. I kissed her lips softly a few times before I carried her up in my arms and walked into the bedroom. She chuckled as a I put her down on the bed, placing small kisses on her neck.
"Thank you." I mumbled and she frowned a bit.
"For what?" She asked and I smiled.
"For wanting to marry me." I said and she smiled, grabbing a hold of my shirt, dragging me down for a long kiss. She bit my lower lip a bit before parting her lips from mine and I sighed a bit, looking deeply into her green eyes.
"I love you." She mumbled, kissing me again.
"I love you too." I said into her mouth. I let my lips travel down her neck, placing kisses everywhere. It was a strange feeling. I had a hard time believing that someone like Natasha Romanoff actually wanted to marry me. My whole body got warm as I thought about it.
How did I get so lucky?