Part 22

Steve's POV

"I'm not stopping at another bed and breakfast." She said with a smile.
"Well, I thought it was lovely." I said and she smirked.
"Maybe because those places counted as hotels on your time." She said and I laughed.
"Almost on the spot." I said and she looked at me. She had taken the wheel as a protest against any bed and breakfasts around. She claimed that she now had the power to decide. Her lit up and her eyes widened as she looks behind my head.
"Look." She said and I followed her eyes outside the window.
A big old church could be seen on the right side of the car. It was a bit away and looked, as almost everything around her, abounded.
"Let's go check it out." Natasha said.
"A church? I didn't knew you were into those kinds of things." I said looking at her.
"I'm into the abounded part." She said with a smile.
She turned into a little road towards the church. Trees were on both sides of the road, making it look like a beautiful entrance. I looked at Natasha's face who suddenly became expressionless. Her body tensed and I felt something was wrong.
"Oh." She whispered quietly. So quiet I could barley hear her. Only read her lips. "I promise. I didn't know." She said louder but still with an unemotional voice.
"What is it?" I asked as we stepped out of the car.
"I've been here before." She said as she walked towards the church. She stepped up a few stairs to the front door and put her hand on the door. It was as if she thought she would remember something. She turned around quickly.
"We have to leave!" She shouted and I felt something hard against my back. I looked at Natasha's face who got a scared look.
"You're not going anywhere." A voice said behind me and I looked around to see more men armed with guns. Two men went up to Natasha with guns aimed at her head.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know." She mouthed and I nodded. Of course she didn't. My stomach twisted in fear as they led me and Natasha into the church.
When we got in, we were greeted by a surprisingly warmer church that didn't look abounded on the inside. It had some flaws but everything looked alright.
We were led trough the aisle. Natasha walked forward me with two men at her sides. I knew she could beat them down, but with the amount of men with guns behind us, there was no way we would make it without or weapons.
I looked forwards and saw a man standing in the front of the church. I looked back again as I realised who it was.
Bucky.

Natasha's POV

I looked back at Steve who had his eyes focused on Bucky. This was my fault. But I had no idea. I didn't know. I didn't remember. Until now.
"You again. Nice surprise I must say." Bucky said with a smile.
"This isn't him. He doesn't remember." I said and looked back at Steve.
Steve looked at me with pained eyes.
"Natalia. What are you talking about? I remember everything." Bucky said as the men pushed me towards Bucky and Steve to the wall, so he could see us.
The men let go of my arms and Bucky touched my face gently.
"Can't believe you actually came back her willingly." He said and touched my face. I hit his hand away and he smiled.
He then looked at Steve as he took my wrist and held it tight.
"Can you believe it, Captain America right? Many years ago, I was supposed to get married in this church." He said and looked around. "With sweet Natalia over here." He said and Steve looked at me. He had the look on his face as if I had betrayed him. My heart moved and I felt the urge to throw up.
"But then, when I stood in here, waiting for her to walk inside. She was gone. She managed to escape." Bucky said as he let go of my wrist and I made an angry face. "But that's what I love about her, she always manages to get away." He said.
"Stop. You don't remember." I said harsh and Bucky looked at me.
"I remember everything I need to remember. And that's us." He said as he squeezed my chin hard.
"Let her go!" Steve growled and Bucky did as he said.
"So you feel the same. That's cute. Natasha proved her feelings for you very clear during our last meeting." Bucky said and I looked at Steve.
"Will be fine." He mouthed and I smiled a little.
"Too bad Natasha has forgotten a very important lesson. Remember Natasha? What you learned when you were little." Bucky said and turned to me again. I wanted to scream. He knew too much. He almost knew everything.
"Black widow does not love. Remember? How hard is it for you to understand that?" He asked and I looked away.
"It's enough." I said loudly and Bucky smiled.
"How many times didn't they hit you? How many times didn't they torture you and rape you?" Bucky said with a smile.
"Shut up!" Steve screamed so loud it echoed for at least 30 seconds.
"That's the worse you can do?" I said looking at Bucky who looked surprised by my response. He hit me hard on the cheek and I felt my head get a little dizzy. When I got my sight back, Steve was fighting a bunch of men and I hit Bucky back hard. He fell to the ground and I ran to help Steve. I did my best and knocked down a lot of men with my body and cursed at the fact that I didn't bring a gun. The only time I don't bring one is the one time I need one. Typical.
"Steve." I said right before a man shot him and I forgot to breath. The shot hit him right in the chest and I forgot everything. He looked at me as he fell to the ground and I think I screamed. I could hear. A few seconds later I had ten guns pressed at my body and another ten on Steve's lifeless body. I felt something hard against my head and everything went black.