Part 4

Steve's POV.

I was all alone in my bed when I woke up. Had it all been a dream? I couldn't find a trace of Natasha. It's like nothing had happened. Had something happened? It's seems unreal. Was it all a dream? I went out of bed, and out of my bedroom. I took out the orange juice from the fridge and drank right out of the bottle. And right there on the counter was a necklace. Natasha's. I remember her taking it of last night. Like she didn't want to risk it getting hurt. I took it in my hands and found a way to open it. There was a picture inside of a guy. A little round picture was glued onto the necklace's inside. It was hard to see who it was since the picture was very old and scratched, but it was a guy around 19 with brown hair. He looked happy. Not the real kind of happy though, sort of a fake smile. I closed it and put the necklace in the counter again. I shouldn't have touched her stuff. It's none of my business. But still, if she was here with me last night, why did she leave? Maybe she thought it would be awkward and I don't know. Maybe it would. I don't know how she feels, probably not the same way as I do. She's too perfect to end up with someone like me.
A loud noise disturbed my thoughts and I answered my phone.
"Yes?"
"It's Nick. I've got a mission for you. Meet me at my office in two hours."
"Got it." I said and we hung up. I made myself ready. Took a shower, got dressed and ate a sandwich. I looked at the watch. 20 minutes left. I might as well go now and be there early.
Since it was Sunday, there wasn't a lot of traffic and I got there 15 minutes early.
Fury greeted me outside his office and showed me into his room. I took a seat in one of the chairs on the opposite side of the desk.
"So what's the mission?" I asked.
"I'll tell you when everyone's here." Nick said.
"Oh I thought I was doing this mission alone. Who else is following?" I asked curiously.
"I believe that's me."
"Take a seat, agent Romanoff." Nick said as Natasha took the seat beside me. I stared at her for a moment but turned to Fury when she didn't react at my staring. It's like she doesn't know me.
"The mission?" Nat said, with a tone of boredom.
"It'll take no longer than a week. But the trip there takes a while." Nick said.
"What? Where are we going?" I asked.
"Sweden." Nick said laughing.
"Sweden? What's it about?" Nat said.
"We believe there's an old HYDRA base there. Maybe even some recruits. We want you to take it down. Should go easy and fast. You leave at nine tonight." Nick said and waved with his hands. "Now go, I have somethings to take care of.
I looked at Natasha and she rolled her eyes at him.
"Have a good day Fury." I said as I leaved the room. I heard Natasha try to hide a chuckle as I said it. Before I could take courage enough to confront Natasha, she was gone. It's not easy to confront a spy.

Natasha's POV

7 days in Sweden? I'm not even that good at Swedish. I learned a little when I was there for a mission years ago for KGB. But mostly words that had something to to with killing. Or bad ones. It was pretty far from a vacation trip. And Steve have to follow? God help me. Last night was just wrong. I shouldn't have done that. I have now completely ruined everything. Not that something existed before I ruined it. You could say I ruined the chance of it ever being a chance, or something. I'm so tired of myself.
I got to my room in the avengers tower and packed my stuff. This mission was going to take a while and I wanted to be well prepared. The clock soon turned nine and a cab was outside waiting for me and Steve. I took my stuff and went downstairs with heavy feet. This mission could go any way.

Steve was already by the car when I got down, he took my bags and put them in the trunk.
"You all set?" He asked.
"Yeah." We got into the car and drive towards the airport.
"So.." I began. "We're supposed to be Mr & Mrs Johansson, apparently that's a pretty normal name over there but we gotta lay low."
"Yeah, ever been there?" Steve asked while looking at me. I tried to look straight forward but turned to meet his blue eyes when I answered his question.
"A few years ago. KGB mission." I said.
"How is it?" He asked. I took a deep breath.
"People are very polite. It's quiet. Everyone care about their own business. And they wear a lot of dark clothes, I don't know why. It's like there grieving." I said.
"Sounds terrible." He said.
"No, it's very family friendly. It's a great country. I'm just very negative because I wouldn't fit in there."
"Why?" He asked.
"You ask a lot of questions."
"Guess I'm just interested."
"Maybe you shouldn't be."
Now he took a deep breath.
"And by the way," I said. "They take of their shoes inside, so don't forget that. They take offence if you just walk in with your shoes on."
Steve chuckled.
"Why would they do that? It's completely normal to wear shoes inside."
"For us maybe. Just stop questioning everything, were supposed to fit in so just except it." I said.
He nodded.
"Since you're a Sweden expert.." He began. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Do you know the language?"
"No, only some words."

We didn't have to wait long at the airport for the plane to leave. We got there just in time. We went on and found our seats. I sat by the window and Steve sat beside me.
"Välkommen ombord. Vi beräknar att vi kommer landa i Sverige runt 18.00 och vi hoppas att ni får en trevlig resa."
Steve chuckled.
"Did you hear that bubbling?" He laughed.
"They just welcomed you onboard, you'll understand now." I said.
"Welcome onboard. We will land in Sweden around 6 pm and we hope you have a pleasant journey." An air hostess voice could be heard again.
"That's nice." Steve said smiling. I rolled my eyes to his naive attitude.
After a while when the plane was in the air, I turned to Steve.
"It's like an 8 hour flight so I'm gonna get some sleep."
"You do that honey. I'm here if you need anything?" He said smiling.
I turned to him surprised but with a look that he knew meant 'what did you just call me'.
He chuckled.
"Mrs Johansson." He whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes.
"You know we don't have to do that until we get there." I said as I put headphones in my ears and got comfortable in my chair.

I woke up slow. I felt warm. That's odd. I'm usually ice cold. Especially when I wake up. I opened my eyes and realised that my head was comfortably put on Steve's shoulder. I took it away and sat normally in my chair.
"Good morn.. night." He said smiling at me. "It's fine I didn't mind it."
"Of course you didn't." I said smirking, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing. It worked.
"Want something to eat?" He asked.
"No I don't eat airplane food."
"Nothing else than?"
"No I'm good."
He nodded and went back to what he did before I woke up. He was sketching. His pencil made its way over the paper like it was the easiest thing. He drew a city.
"What is that place?" I asked.
"Sweden. I try to sketch it like I imagine it, and then I'll see if it lives up to my imagination." He said. "Look alike?"
"I'm sorry to tell you this, but Sweden doesn't have a lot of skyscrapers." I said as I gave him a 'bad luck' smile. "Nor does it have the Empire State Building, or the Eiffel Tower." I chuckled.
He just shook his head and changed page. And then drew it all again, but left out the things I mentioned.

After a few hours, an air hostess started speaking again. The seatbelt sign was turned on.
"Nu damer och herrar landar vi i Sverige om 10 minuter. Var vänlig och sätt på era säkerhetsbälten så att vi alla får en säker landning. Vi hoppas att ni haft en trevlig resa."
Steve chuckled once again at the language, but he soon went quiet to hear it on english.
"Now ladies and gentlemen, We're landing in Sweden in about 10 minutes. Please put on your seatbelt for your own and everyone else's safety. We hope you've had a pleasant journey."
Steve smiled and I rolled my eyes.
"Why are you so interested hearing what they will say?" I asked.
"This is the first time I fly." He smiled.
"What really?"
"Well, yeah but only first time with civilians. You know, like a vacation travel."
"That's cute. It's like you're ten years old. Oh I'm sorry, I meant 95." I smirked.
"Oh cut the crap." He said smiling.