Part 14

Natasha's POV

I woke up slowly to the pace of someone's heart. A warmth rushed through my body as my head was laying on Steve's chest. His arms were tightly around my waist and even though he was asleep, he didn't let go of the grip. I looked up at his sleeping face that reviled nothing. He looked like a handsome man sleeping. His chest moved up and down in a normal rhythm, proving that he wasn't dead. Just sleeping. I didn't want to walk out of his embrace but I'm not good at the after morning chit chat. And I needed to get myself ready for work. Steve and I are supposed to take care of the new avengers. I actually look forward to it. Especially since I won't be doing it alone.
I carefully got out of his tight grip. I didn't want to wake him. It was still very early. As fast as I stood up, my body went cold. I looked at him. My eyes searched for his but they were closed. He was so handsome. I carefully kissed his cheek and the same warmth rushed through my body but disappeared as soon as the little kiss ended. I turned around to find the orange juice on the table and took a sip. It wasn't cold but tasted good. I laughed quietly since I finally understood his obsession with this drink. I carefully put the glass down on the counter and looked at Steve again.
"Thank you." I whispered dead quietly. Another night without dreams was more than I could ask for. Still I got it.
I walked out of his apartment. Making no noise. I was quiet like a spy and walked on my toes like a ballerina. I made my way across the hall to my own room. I headed straight to the shower and enjoyed the warmth on my body. Though, it was not the same.

Steve's POV

I felt lonely. It woke me up and I found myself alone. I looked around to see that Natasha had left. When I saw the glass of orange juice, I smiled a bit. Knowing she had taking a few sips. Evidence that she actually had been here and I hadn't just been dreaming. It all felt like a dream. Just having her right beside me felt to good to be real.
I looked at my watch only to realise I was running late. I'm supposed to work with the avengers today. Including Natasha.
I put on my captain America suit quickly, drank the orange juice and brushed my teeth. I then hurried to the training facility. As I rushed there, I slowed down right outside the door and walked into the room, trying not to look stressed.
"Sorry I'm late." I said as I walked in to meet everyone's gaze. Everyone was there. Even Natasha.
"You're late captain." She said seriously but I could see a little smirk on her face. "Bad sleep?"
I shook my head.
"No a very good one actually. The reason for me being late." I said and she didn't answer but turned towards the avengers.
"As I was saying.." Natasha said. "Pair up and practice the moves I just showed you. Wanda and Vision. War machine and Falcon. And this time, no superpowers or whatever things you can use. Just your bodies."
"What? I can't have my wings?" Sam said. "I need to train with them."
"No wings." Natasha said seriously.
"But.."
"One more protest and I'll have you fight me." She said dead serious and he went quiet.
Everyone started to practice moves of self defence.
I looked at Natasha and she looked at me.
"I decided to work on their ability to fight without any powers. It's important in case they wouldn't be able to use them for some reason." She said, her hand were placed on her hips. Her black suit was perfectly put on and her red hair looked wonderful as usual.
"Yeah that's great. I don't think Sam like it though." I said looking over to him. He didn't enjoy his fight.
Natasha laughed a little.
"Well, he won't enjoy the one with me either." She said and I looked at her surprised.
"You really think he'll complain again?" I said and looked at her face. A big smirk was placed on it.
"It's just a matter of seconds now.." She said looking at war machines and Falcons fight. Sam all of the sudden got a hit in the stomach and fell to the ground. Natasha walked over to them and I followed.
"If I could have my damn wings.." Sam said quietly and didn't realise we both heard it. Natasha smiled.
"Falcon. Come here please." She said coldly. "You know what, everyone follow."
She stepped inside the boxing ring and ordered Falcon to come with her. Everyone else stayed outside it to watch. I over heard Wanda whisper something to War machine.
"Poor guy. Natasha's gonna kick his ass." She said laughing a little.
"What no. I mean sure she's good but she won't kick his ass now. We're learning." He said and Wanda looked at him surprised.
"I'll bet 100 dollars that Natasha will literally kick his butt. He won't stand a chance." Wanda said and he accepted the bet.
"God, do you know nothing of the black widow?" Wanda said shaking her head.
My eyes were placed on Natasha and Falcon.
"So, the rules are simple. Stay inside the ring. If you don't, your wings will somehow go missing. Strange huh?" She said smirking. "But I'll tell you this.. If you manage to beat me in this fight, you can have your wing whenever you want." She said.
"And what if I lose?" Sam said nervously.
"Then I'll enjoy beating you up. And you'll pretty much ow War machine 100 dollars since he believes in you." She said and Wanda and war machine looked over at Natasha surprised.
Natasha smirked over at them and raised one eyebrow in a 'you really didn't think I heard that' face.
Sam breathed fast. He was as nervous as anyone would be.
"Let's begin shall we?" Natasha said and stood unmoved when Falcon tried to hit her in the head. She simply ducked and his fist went though the air.
Natasha laughed.
"Come on Sam. Your hitting an assassin not a vase of flowers." She said smirking at him.
Sam started to hit harder and faster but Natasha simply blocked every single punch. She looked bored. She blocked a few punches for a while before she decided to make him fight for real. She made a jump over him and landed behind his back. She didn't make a sound as her feet his the ground. We were all impressed. She hit his back hard and he turned around in pain. His fist searched for her face but she grabbed it and twisted it. Suddenly she was on his shoulders and with the help of the thighs, she twisted his body down to the ground and she jumped of him before she fell as well. She stood with her hands on her hips, watching him quickly standing up. It was easy to say that he was in pain. Still, Natasha didn't even try to hurt him. Sam was breathing heavily and Natasha looked at him.
"Hey, I know it's hard but you were trained for these kinds of things." She said and Sam stood up taller. She turned around, her back was facing Sam and she looked over at all of us.
"Anyone who wants to join?" She asked as Sam came from behind. His arms wrapped around her throat and she stood there smirking. She took a jump and made a backflip, making him lose his grip and she landed behind him on the ground. She kicked him in the butt hard making him fall to the ground.
I looked over to Wanda who got a grumpy look from War Machine. He owed her 100 bucks.
"Again, does anyone else wanna join? I'm kind of bored." She said, looking over at Sam on the ground.
"Well I got nothing to lose." War machine said as he stepped into the ring.
"Well, expect for your pride." She said as she began to fight both of them. It wasn't long until they were both laying on the ground in pain. Natasha looked as bored as ever. She looked at the watch on the wall.
"No one else who want to give it a try? She asked but got no answers. "Well, I guess your dismissed." She said and they walked out of the room. Falcon and War Machine was taking the help from Wanda and Vision. They were hurt but it would be over in a few hours.

Natasha's POV

"I'll give it a try." Steve said as soon as we were alone. I looked at him surprised.
"I want to give it a try." He said again and I stared at his face. "What? Scared you'll lose?" He said smirking. I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Scared you'll die?" I said as I stepped inside the ring. It took a while before he decided to step inside. "You've been late today already, don't make me wait longer." I said as he stepped into the ring. He smiled.
"Sure you wanna do this?" I asked and he smirked at me.
"Why? You tired?" He asked teasingly.
"No. Not anymore." I said as I tried to hit him. He blocked. I tried again and he blocked. This went on for a while before I got frustrated.
"Hit me back will you?" I sad annoyed and hit him again. Instead of blocking my punch, he avoided it and hit me back at the same spot. I jumped over him and he missed. We fought for a while. Both were strong and no one really wanted to hurt the other. I jumped into his shoulders and tried to get him down to the ground like I did with Sam. I succeeded but didn't have time to jump of him in time. We both fell to the ground and I fell on top of him. His chest was pressed against mine and our faces were inches apart.
We both breathed heavily and I got lost in his eyes. I observed his face and tried to memorise it, exactly as it was. We laid like that for a while before I quickly stood up and Steve followed my move. I put aside my thoughts and tried to focus on the fight.
"Sure you don't need a break?" Steve asked kindly this time.
I didn't answer but hit him in the gut instead. He wasn't ready and looked to be in a little pain. I stepped back watching him. He took a few steps forward and started to hit me back. His fist found it's way to my shoulder and I got my first punch of the day. I smirked as I blocked the next few punches and hit him with some very good ones. He didn't even try to block them.
"What are you doing?" I said annoyed and as my fist went towards his chest, he took my arm and dragged me into an embrace.
"Same question asked." I said and looked up into his eyes. He stared into mine and I got lost again. That same familiar warmth rushed through my body and it felt like I melted.
"I'm sorry." He finally said. "I just can't fight you."
"So you give up?" I said, my eyes didn't leave his.
"Oh no. I don't give up." He said and I raised my eyebrow to his optimism.
"I just take a break." He said.
"Doesn't seem fair since you were ten minutes late in the first place." I said and he smiled.
"And who's fault is that?" He said smiling bright. I looked at him accused.
"Not mine if that's what your referring to." I said.
"Who said I was referring to anything? I just would have woken up in time if I had that orange juice but something got in my way." He said and my heart bested fast. I smirked.
"I'm sorry. I'll make Thor a visit next time. He works just as fine." I said and a jealousy was marked on his face.
"Maybe Bruce, it could work too.." I said pretending to think a little and count guys on my fingers. I could tell Steve got a little grumpy with the mention of Bruce. He knew how much he had hurt me but I hadn't been in love with him.
"Please stop." Steve said and I smiled.
"I'm sorry. It's just so fun to see you jealous." I said smirking.
"I don't think it's that.." He began but I interrupted with a long kiss. The warmth spread in my body making me soft.