Chapter Thirteen ~ Exhausted

~(Red's P.O.V)~

I took Barney's hand and squeezed it gently, he turned and smiled at me, our best friend was alive.

Not soon after the doctors brought Ross back in on a hospital bed and hooked him up to all the machines.
"H-Hey..." Ross said to us.
We all smiled bright.
"Hi Ross! How you feeling?" Barney asked him.
"I'm good.. A little painful here and there but I'm good!" Ross said in a happy tone.

We convinced Max to head back home, me and Barney would look after Ross for the rest of the day, he would probably be sleeping most of it anyway.

We were right, some minutes after Max had left, Ross was sound asleep in his small white bed. Me and Barney just talked for a while, and I told him I would go get lunch for us and bring it in so he could keep watch of Ross.

I returned a half hour later with Subway in my hands, only to find a sleeping Ross and a sleeping Barney. He was so adorable, I know he needed this, we had been up the whole night before.

I let them both sleep and nuzzled my way into Barney's chest. I accidentally woke him up but he was fine with it, he just wrapped his arm around me and then headed back to sleep. I think I actually fell asleep too, I didn't remember much after that.

We woke up around 6, but Ross didn't wake up until around 8PM, and we were both so tired from the night before. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.
'Hey! I'm on my way back over, everything okay?'
It was Max, I guess he had a long nap and then decided to come back for the night. I guess that means me and Barney could leave? I think we deserved to go home, we were both exhausted and it showed.
'Yeah everything's good, see you soon!' I replied to him.

When Max appeared he told us we could head home so that we did. I drove us back as Barney was still a little sleepy, that was a good idea because he fell asleep again on the way home. When we got home I picked him up bridal-style and carried him inside to our bedroom. I carefully placed him on the bed without making a sound. I then joined him on the bed and cuddled into him, slowly falling back to sleep.

THANKS FOR READING!!! See ya next chapter! ~ Alex