١٨

The door of the room opened, revealing a 17 year old boy wrapped in a blanket.His face pale and his eyes could barely open.

"Hey..you awake?" Ina's soft voice made Hyungwon flinched.

"Hey..." He replied slowly getting up.

Hyungwon had just taken a short nap when the female entered.Although she has a wide smile on her face,so wide that it could tore her mouth, it didnt veil the sadness in her abnormally puffy eyes.

"How long were you here?Or you just arrived?" Hyungwon looked at Ina with his eyes barely open,making it hard for Ina to continue her act.

"Not long..."

"Liar..they told me that you were the first person they called when i fainted" Hyungwon flashed a weak smile.

Ina pouted as she laugh.

"Fine you got me"

"-And...knowing you Im Ina, you probably skip the test and rush here didnt you?"

"Geez...does hospital make you become talkative? If that so,please stay longer so we can have more conversations" Ina pretended to pray.

"Shut up" Hyungwon tilt his head as he stared at the window.

Ina doesnt want to tell him about all the things that she heard.Instead, she wanted to pretend not to know anything so that it would not make Hyungwon feel bad.

"The doctor say that my chances of surviving is low..may not even make it to a month" Hyungwon broke the silence.

Ina widened her eyes, shocked that Hyungwon knew about his sickness.Why did the doctor have to tell him anyway?And now whats worse,he may not even make it to a month!Who in the right mind would directly tell their patient that?

"You are strong right? You'll fight through this...with me..i'll stand with you and we'll overcome this together" Ina curled her lips as she hold back her tears and flashed a sincere smile.

The female was expecting the lad to ask her to fuck off or something but all he did was to stare at her and smile.

"...promise?" He replied weakly while lifting up his pinky.

Ina stared at Hyungwon before taking out her pinky as well.

"I promise you Chae Hyungwon" She wiggled her eyebrows and somehow fangirled at the same time.

-

The following morning,Ina told Wonho what happen to Hyungwon and Wonho looked really shock.How can he not?Hyungwon is his very bestfriend.Infact,Hyungwon stood at the first place among 299 candidates in the list of the names of his bestfriends.

"Are you going to visit him today?" He asked during break.

"Of course..im gonna include it as part of my daily routine from now on" She chewed on her salad.

"Well atleast he has you" Wonho pat her shoulder.

"-are you sure you are gonna be okay though?Its gonna be hella tiring..plus, exams are coming up"

"If you love someone,minor things like these is never a problem" Ina winked at the male who agreed instantly.

Looking at her schedule for the month,Ina actually does not have any time to visit Hyungwon.Since she is taking art, she has to finish her prepatory work and final painting before the first of july.

Mrs Wong has been consistently scolding her and making her stay late till 6-7pm in school.Moreover,the national exams are just around the corner and if she does not complete the piece, the chances of failing is high.

"Are you gonna visit him at night?" Wonho grab his bag while looking at Ina who was staring at her canvas.

"Nah...i'll follow you..fuck art im chasing after my man" Ina toss her canvas aside and flipped her hair.

The male who witness the scene had a good laugh.

When they arrive at Hyungwon's room,he had just eaten an early dinner.

"Yo!" Wonho brofist his buddy who was rather perplex seeing his appearance.

"How'd you get here?" Hyungwon hugged the male and smile.

"Just had my side chick dora drive me here" He smirked but got a smack in return.

"Dont show me that creepy ass face i am gonna have nightmares"

The both of them continued chatting as Ina made herself useful by cleaning his room.Wonho caught the female so he send signals to Hyungwon.

"Oh?Ina..what are you doing?" Hyungwon adjust his pillow.

"Becoming a wife material" Ina wink and shot a heart to the lad but he rejected them.

When Ina left to have her late lunch,Wonho and Hyungwon were the only ones in the room.

"So i guess Ina's gonna be here all day right?" Wonho offered his bestfriend some chocolates.

"I guess?"

"When are you gonna finally accept her?" He smack Hyungwon's hand when the male wanted more.

Hyungwon sigh heavily while messing his hair.

"She's...nice" Hyungwon started.

"..aju nice dun dun dun dadundududududdun" Wonho hum to Seventeen's Very Nice but got a smack from Hyungwon for ruining the moment.

"Ouch?" Wonho pushed the male away and forbid him to have any more chocolates.

Wonho was laughing but Hyungwon could only send him some weak smiles.

"Look,i like Ina but..i guess its too late.Im gonna die anyway you know?I'd just make her feel bad if i accept her now just because im dying" Hyungwon look at Wonho as he held back his tears.

Wonho sigh heavily.He put his jokes aside and comfort the male.

"Im sorry" He said as Hyungwon slowly cried in his embrace.

"Im scared...to fall in love with her"