١٧

The doors opened urgently as paramedics pushed Hyungwon inside the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).The male could not open his eyes.His face was pale and cold while his breathing became unsteady.

Doctors are working hard to make him regain conciousness.Mdm Chae was informed immediately and she straightaway dropped all her files,cancel her meetings and rushed to the hospital.So was Ina.

The girl did not even care about her test.She just grab her bag and ran out of the class,leaving Mr August dumbfounded.She was honestly confuse as to what just happen.

Did he fell due to the slippery floor?Did he catch a bad cold?Was it because she didnt gave him an umbrella?

She hit herself for that because the other time she did gave him,he reached home safely.

At 5pm,Mdm Chae and Ina met each other when they bumped onto one another outside the ICU.Ina asked Mdm Chae what is wrong with him but none of them knew what happen.

Nothing could be confirmed until the doctor is out from the room.Ina was pacing up and down,not knowing what to do.All she knew was that she got a call,Hyungwon fainted and she is at the hospital now.

Everything seemed to be happening all of a sudden without her knowing.One minute she was calling Hyungwon,the other minute,he was in a stretcher.

Mdm Chae on the other hand,massaged her temple until a doctor came out of the room.His forehead wrinkled and his eyes lay low.

"Doctor can i know what happen to my son Chae Hyungwon?!" Mdm Chae asked the doctor impatiently.

"Are you Mdm Chae?" He asked.

"Of course i am!Why do you think i would call a stranger 'son' if i wasnt?!" Mdm Chae burst out.

The doctor apologised profusely as he gave a respectful bow.He then request to talk with Mdm Chae privately when he noticed that Ina was there.

Mdm Chae agreed instantly and asked Ina to wait for her outside the room.The female nodded in agreement as the older left her.

Ina really felt left out when she didnt understand whatever that is happening currently.She wanted to cry but at the same time she held it in.She just want to know whether or not Hyungwon is safe and as if luck was not on her side she finally cried.

Her cheeks became moist as tears stream down non-stop.What was she crying for?She does not even know.

As the clock ticks 15 minutes later,the doctor,Dr Han and Mdm Chae appeared from the room.Dr Han told Ina that Hyungwon has been trasnferred to a ward at the 10th level after the doctors stabilise his heart rate.

He is very weak now so there will be no visitors allowed at the moment.Mdm Chae thank Dr Han as she slowly walk towards Ina and hug the girl's petite body.

"I really dont know how to be strong Ina...i really dont..." Mdm Chae bit her lips as she cried in Ina's embrace.

"Why?What happen?Please tell me Mdm Chae..why are you crying?Didnt the doctor said that--"

"He doesnt have much time left" Mdm Chae sniff.

-

"Doesnt have much time left?" Ina furrowed her eyebrows.

She interlock her fingers every so often while trying to understand what Mdm Chae told her.

Hyungwon's mother was sitting beside her,head looking upwards as she rest it against the wall with her arms folded.

"When he was small...he got caught in a heavy rain which caused him to be very very sick.After that incident,he told me that he could barely breath and often complain about how his chest hurts alot.I thought it wasnt normal so i send him to the hospital.The doctor then told me that his heart is very weak and he can never get in contact with rain because it makes him so cold and his heart cant take it"

Mdm Chae rubbed her temple while sighing heavily.It breaks her heart to say it especially when Ina is right beside her slowly crying and sniffing.

"...what did the doctor say now?" Ina spoke after a moment of silence.

"He says that .....Hyungwon is at the very critical stage now...chances of him surviving is...very thin..." Mdm Chae sink her face in her palms whilst crying her heart out.

chances of him surviving is very thin

Those words kept repeating itself in Ina's head as if it was a chant.What was happening now seems clearer than before but still, she wish this isnt real.

But it is.