Chapter 10

Lara in her outfit

Lara 

Derek started to investigate more of the issue with officials from the library, however, no progress was happening.

I started to get more and more worried about this issue.

I asked Derek to ask his father about this issue, but he told me that he himself wasn't sure if his father was involved in this crisis or not.

I also started to have more nightmares and visions of a time where I was in an unfamiliar castle. I was about a four years old and was running around in a a little gown. The hallways were magnificent and huge and very beautifully decorated. I always hear someone calling my name, but by the time I turn around to see who calls me, I wake up.

Things started to get more and more weird, but Derek wanted me to start to relax and just focus on my education fr now on as he will take it over for me now.

I started to believe him. We were both anxious of what has happened and it ahs started to take a toll on our relationship. I finally decided to move on from this crazy issue as it seems as it is a dead end. Derek tried his best investigating, however, no one seems to recollect on this familiar issue. Either they forgeot or it is too painful for them to talk about.

Either way, i decided to move on. If my parents really weren't dead, they would come for me, wouldn't they? 

----------------------------------------

2 years later

----------------------------------------

Derek

-----------------------------------------

Everything's been great these past 2 years.

My relationship with Lara is better than ever. We had my coronation a few months after I revealed to Lara about my title and that we were vampires. I gave Lara a year to adjust to her princess duties and for her to adapt to our customs. I also gave her time to grow into a more mature woman because she was just seventeen barely eighteen when I brought her here and now she is 20 and I changed her into a vampire a few months ago. We all stopped drinking human blood to respect Lara's previous life and drank animal blood. 

On special occasions we drank human blood, but only from bags that came from the blood bank from the hospital.

Lara had trouble in the beginning of being a vampire in controlling her urges of blood and her powers, but that was normal. After a few weeks she became an expert and I couldn't have been prouder. We discovered her powers just recently, but she can influence people do do things. She also has the ability to electrocute people. She is my bad ass princess. We are currently planning her coronation as queen soon so we both are looking forward to that.

She also had trouble in the beginning with the disappreance of her parents, however, she slowly started to get out of that spiral. I do think that it is weird, however, we spent weeks on trying to find out what happened and got no results. i think we both were exhausted and Lara reassured me that she was moving on. Ever since then, she has never mentioned this weird incident and has put on a happy facade. I want to help her, but do not know even where to start, I never stopped investigating and have actually found a maid who claimed that she knew these people, but by the time I got to her house address, she had disappeared. I never told Lara anything as she might start to get worried again, but I will solve this mystery somehow. 

Right now, I'm finally gonna propose to her to be my queen and wife today on our Date. I'm so nervous. I am such a confident man, but when it comes to Lara, I fall to my knees. I am the king to the kingdom, but she is the ruler of my heart.  I walk to her chamber, putting my hand in the pocket of my suit to make sure the velvet box was still there.

I knew that it was her dream to become a doctor and I couldn't let her throw her dreams away for me. It would break my heart. I helped Lara apply to a medical university here in the kingdom where she can specialize in helping humans and vampires. My people were so proud of the queen to be. She is the first princess and future queen who is about to be a doctor.

I walk to her door and knocked on it. 

She opens the door a few seconds later as gorgeous as ever. She was wearing a green ball gown that hugged her bust perfectly. A small amount of cleavage was shown making me aroused. Tonight she will be mine. Her hair was in a bun with flowers wrapped through her her. She was the epitome of ethereal beauty. Her beautiful, full lips lifted upwards into a smile.

I was staring at her so long, starstruck. It has been almost 3-4 years since we got togather and she still looks as beautiful to me as the day I first saw her.  She chuckled softly at my staring and blushed. I watched in fascination as her cheeks slowly turned pinkish reddish. I love her so much. A piece of her fail out of her bun, curving around her perfect face. I reached my hand out and tucked it behind her ear. Her fair was so golden, silky and beautiful. Her hair catches the sun's beauty in them. 

"Ready"I asked.

"Yeah"she says as she closed the door behind her. I take her hand and interwined our fingers togather. The guards followed behind us giving us some space.

I bring her out to the moonlight picnic table I set up in the royal garden behind the castle. 

"Wow this is amazing" she says as she stares at the lights and decorations of rose petals on the floor. 

"Thanks" I was thrilled that she liked the set up. 

We both sat down on the blanket covering the grass. I fed her some grapes and then we began eating our meals. We talked about everything. Soon it was midnight. My hands became clammy and I could feel the nervousness. 

I finally got the damn courage and took out the velvet box and went down on one knee. I opened the box where the huge sapphire-diamond ring, her favorite jewel laid.  She gasped, tears forming in her eyes. She used her hands to cover her mouth. 

"Lara, I loved you since the day I saw you shopping at the grocery store and would you do the honor of being my wife and queen?"I ask her hopefully. 

"OMG Derek, YES! I love you with all my heart. I promise to be a good wife. "She exclaims, jumping into my arms.

I took the ring from the velvet box and took her hand in mine. I put the ring on her finger. It was a perfect fit. It looked like it was made for her. 

"Derek, I love the ring. Thank you, love" she replies, her hands around my neck. She rests her head on my shoulder.

"This was the perfect night." 

"So, we should probably start on working on kids now" i said jokingly.

"How many are we talking about" she replies

"Hmm, maybe ten?"

"TEN?! I am not going to have ten kids. It would be great if you could give birth."

When she said that I laughed out so hard. "Okay Ill compromise"

"You better" She replies back to, the smile on her face never leaving.

"My vampire king"she mutters into my chest. "I am so grateful I met you that day in school. What if you never came tot hat school. I can't imagine a time without you"

"Oh yeah, about that..." I trailed off, scratching my neck. "I kind of followed you a couple of years and I only transferred to that school to befriend you so you would trust be and fall in love with me" I told her, scared of how she was going to react to this news. 

Her response shocked me. "Well, I am glad you did" She says, and hugs me tightly. I hug her back,my nose in her hair smelling her intoxicating perfume and scent.

We kissed and finally I felt complete with her by my side. I am ready for anything as long as she is by my side.