Chapter 5

------------------------------------------------------------

Lara

-------------------------------------------------------------

The weekend went by so fast and before I knew it, it was Monday. I hated Mondays. The day that school begins after a peaceful Sunday. It is the most dreadful day of the week. I had such a nice Sunday of just watching T.V and relaxing with no stress of school. 

My stupid alarm clock woke me up at 6 A.M which I hated. One of the things I didn't like about my school was that it started at 7 P.M sharp and we got off at 3. That's basically 9 hours a day. And the rest of the day, I'm stuck doing homework, and before you know it, it is the next day and this just continues on for a year. I should really get used to school if I am aiming to become a doctor which is almost 11-12 years, including Med school, Pre-Med and specialization.  

I finally got out of my comfortable bed and opened my curtains. I squinted my eyes as the blinding sun rays hit my face.  I went into my closet and got my towel and headed into the shower. I took a nice long hot shower while listening to music.I wrapped the towel around me and went into my closet again to choose the clothes I am going to wear for today. I decided to put on some black skinny jeans and white halter shirt with my beige sandals. 

I put on some eyeliner and lip gloss so I dont look dead. My skin was so pale that sometimes I looked like a ghost. I mean I know that I am popular and head cheerleader not to brag about it, but that doesn't mean I put so much much makeup on and look like one of those fake girls who would want any guys attention.

I also don't bully people. I'm friends with everyone even the school nerds. Their cool to hangout with.

I disliked going on the bus now. It was to much drama for my liking and all the underclassmen pretending to be friends with me and all the other upperclassmen.  It was annoying. I tried to avoid the drama, but with my status in school it was impossible for me to escape from the rumors. I could drive myself to school since I have my license, but I don't have a car so I depended on my friends to give me a ride. 

I texted Elena

Ells need a ride to school

Sorry Lar can't I'm already there

Oh

Ask Der maybe he can give a ride

OK see u there

Love ya

U 2

I texted Der after that

Hey Der

Hey Lar  he replied I kinda felt embarrassed about asking  for a ride. He has been such an amazing friend and I felt bad asking him for a ride everywhere we go. I really need to get a part-time job soon this year so I could buy a cheap used car soon and didn't need to ask for help all the time. A few seconds later, as if reading my mind, Der texted me asking if I needed a ride. It always amazed me how he knew exactly what I was thinking as if he were a mind reader. 

I felt relived

Yeah...

Pick u in 10

Ugh, Thanks, You are the best!

Ur welcome. I know u hate taking the bus lol.  See u soon

Ya I replied Der was a life saver

I was deep in thought thinking about how. My life was tragic when I was a kid both my parents does by a airplane accident . I was still underage, so my maternal grandma decided to take me in as she lived on the other side of the city. She was nice and all but sometimes I wish my parents were there. It became quite lonely. My grandma was a Substitute Teacher and she worked hard to provide for us. She gave me the independece I needed and we usually didn't see each other with my busy schedule and her busy schedule but we made sure to hang out at least once a week. 

Flashback

"Mommy I want to play with my friends but everyone is busy"said a five year old version of me

"I will play with you you are the most beautiful girl . It is their loss that they are busy come on. Don't forget that mommy will always be here for you whenever you are lonely.my mom said

"I want to play too"said my dad and he joined.

We were all playing tag and I was just jumping up down. The smile on my face never leaving. Laughter surrounded us and we were in a complete bliss

End of flashback

I was soo deep in thought I Didn't realize that Der had pulled up into my driveway.  I had been crying when Der saw me he came running to me wiping away my tears he pulled me close and kissed my forehead saying sweet things. He saw me at my worst and since then he had been my rock. i don't know what I would do without him.

He was always the one who would come when I had a breakdown and comfort me.

"Lara you have me don't worry I will never leave you come on. Let's skip school for today and go to Billy's." HE said and I gave him a small smile. Billy's was our favorite diner. We would always go there we need comfort food or if we were celebrating. 

"Yeah come on" I said and we interlocked our fingers together I smiled as we got into his BMW. 

He held my hand throughout our car ride there. Once we got there, he came and opened my door. 

"Such  a gentlemen" I said and laughed teasingly.

"Of course my lady" He said in a fake British accent and bowed. I smiled. He always knew how to make me smile again.

He pulled my closer to him and wrapped his arm around my waist. As we entered the diner he gave a scowl to any guy he looked at me. It almost made us look like a couple. Were we? i didn't know what we were still but it made me happy. 

"Lara, I was wondering..." Der tailed off as we were sitted my the window. The waiter had just took our orders. 

"Oh thats not good! You think?!" I said jokingly. 

"Hardy HAr har Lar" he said with a mock hurtful face. 

We just smiled at ecah other. I always love dour banters. They were the most funniest things.

"So I know you agreed on a date with me and I was just wondering if we can finally be official. I want us to be a couple Lara. I have liked you for a long time but I just wanted to give you space. I like everything about you. You dedication to helping others. You are so beautiful, nice, funny and compassionate and the way you love fiction books and how you lose yourself in them. The way you don't know how to cook but make killer brownies and cakes. I want the world to know your mine Lara" he said with such a sincere smile and I couldn't help but give him a tearful smile as well.

"I like you too Der" I replied " i would love to be your girlfriend"

We both looked at each other with sincere love and affection. We both leaned in and kissed. It felt magical once again.

I think at that moment, we both knew that this was forever.