Chapter 1

Lara up there

-----------------------------------

2 years later

-----------------------------------

'Oh joy' I thought as I walked down the familiar hallways once again of Alendale High. It was the first day of school, but I was satisfied that this was my senior. I was walking to my classroom, looking down at my newly printed schedule to make sure I had the right classes. My counselor always misunderstood me and put me in workshop class when I wanted to be human rights. I was meticulously looking at the piece of paper when my head suddenly ran into a wall. I lost my footing and fell backwards as my books fell to the ground with a loud THUD. A broad, muscular arm held onto my back before my body could reach the ground. 

"Are u alright?" a deep husky voice asked as I rubbed my head. 

I looked up to see who was talking to me and saw a guy with dark brown hair and the most pacific blue eyes I have ever seen. I was mesmerized my his eyes that had gold highlights in them. They were so blue. I could stare at them for hours and get lost in the deep, sea blue color of his eyes. I didn't realize how long I had been staring at him until he said excuse me,breaking me away from my stare. 

I was flustered, being caught staring at him for too long. I normally had  self control on myself, but today all my senses were gone. 

"Oh, I'm sorry about bumping into you" I exclaim as I bend down to pick up textbooks. 

"Here let me help you" I heard him say. I look up to stare it once again when he was picking up my books. He didn't seem familiar and I think he is new. He was good looking alright and I think he even knew that as he stared at my face with a cocky expression on his face. I studied him for a while and finally found me voice.

"Hi I'm Lara" I said, hoping that he doesn't hear the shakiness of my voice. I held the books in one arm while I held out my other arm for him to shake it. I am usually confident, but something about him makes me lose my confidence. I have this natural pull towards him and all my body wanted to do was fall into his arms. What was wrong with me today?

"Derek" he replied as he looked over my body with a grin on his handsome face. I was wearing ripped jeans, with a light beige long sleeve shirt which was tucked into my jeans, paired with my favorite white converse and white apple watch. Heat crawled up on my face, turning my cheeks bright red. Sometimes I hated my skin for being so pale. It was so obvious when I blushed. Who was this guys? He wasn't even here for a few minutes and he was already making me feel things. I am Lara, a girl determined to stay away from relationships because I have goals and dreams to become a doctor.

I got my thoughts cleared up and I straightend my posture up looking at him with a cool face. I can't express my feelings to him.

"Are you new here cause I've never seen you around here before?" I asked 

"Yeah I am new, I just moved here with my uncle " he said  

AWW dang it. Since I was a nice person I decided to help him out. I knew I was going to regret this but at that moment I didn't care.

"Do you need any help finding your classes? Trust me when I say this but this school isn't as small as it seems" I say, giving him a a big toothy smile.

"Yeah I'd be glad if you show me around, It would be nice to have a friend in a new place" he tells me while giving me a small smirk in return. 

Gosh he was so breathtaking I thought to myself, Like what water does he drink? I kept on staring at him for a bit too long that when I snapped back to reality he was snapping his fingers together in front of my face giving me a huge grin.