Chapter 7

-

Castle up there where the royal family lives with the nobles on the mountain as well.  All the regular vampires live below with regular houses.

--------------------------------------------------

Derek

----------------------------------------------------

I don't know why, but I feel horrible for doing.  My kingdom is in need of a queen and me to ascend my throne. I had delayed my coronation as king and my prince duties to live in the human world and get Lara to trust me. But my father's advisors are insisting that my father resign because he has served a long a time and it is time for a new successor. If this doesn't happen soon, they will throw a coup and we could not let that happen. 

My father said to bring the my mate this month or I will have to find another girl because it was said in the vampire law that once you find your mate and get close to her, you will bring the prince's mate for everyone in the kingdom to see. I kept delaying that, but now the tensions from the advisors and the vampire law, it is vital that I bring Lara here by force or not. 

Flashback

"Son I understand that she is human, but you have to bring her"My father ordered using his king voice as he had a goblet of blood in his hand while he was sitting on his throne. My dad was the epitome of royalty. He was wearing his  big gem covered fur with his big, diamond and gold crown resting on top of his head. 

"But how father,she will not come. She would be terrified and doesn't know about the supernatural world."I asked.

"Son do whatever you need if by the end of this month you don't bring her here the vampire council will  find you another mate"

"But father we just started a relationship I don't want to ruin it"I was terrifies on how Lara will react. If she rejects me, my whole life would be pointless because she is my life.

"Just kidnapped her here and explain what you are to her I'm sure she will understand son. If you never explain to her she will never know. And you are afraid to tell her. If you keep waiting for her to be ready, she will never be ready. It will take years for her and we don't have that much time because right now we need you as king and her as queen. The council is counting doen their seconds before the remove our line from the throne. They want Prince Nathaniel of Avalen to take our throne"

"OK I will try dad" We could not let Nathaniel take our throne. He is rumored to be a vile, dangerous man who abuses his kingdom's power and is greedy. Our rich and beautiful kingdom would be destroyed in his hands. Also, our entire line of  would be vanished and it contains such history. We were the rightful leaders and I will do anything to protect our kingdom.

"Make me proud son"My father was a wonderful father, but he did not often express it. I could feel it through his actions. I think he was preserving his ruthless image to the public. We need to be tough and not soft or people will step all over us. 

"I will father and when I return I will bring my future wife and queen"

And with that vow I left. I will make my father proud. He has never asked my or ordered me to do anything except now and I can not let him down.

End of flashback

So with that I have to kidnapped her.
Today she was going to the grocery shop and I know that she will take the shortcut, so I use my vampire speed to get there. I was fidgeting all week and I think Lara noticed that too. I hope she doesn't get to suspicous.

I waited for a few minutes to make sure she was in the dark alley were her shouts and struggles will be useless.

When I left the house, I used my vampire speed and found her. I grabbed her tightly and covered her moth to stop her from yelling, but instead she bit my arm. She was such a feisty, stubborn, independent, headstrong woman and I loved her for who she was. She also was a damn good fighter and I was proud of her. She wasn't one of those fake, clingy girls who cared more about shopping and getting nails done. She would be a wonderful, strong queen. I would also need to turn her into a vampire soon because I can not live without her if she died from old age. I need to start planning the vampire turning ceremony. I zoned out and I really wasn't paying attention to what she was telling me except when she said I'm breaking up with you.

My eyes turned darker and my inner beast was coming out. That tore my heart, but I know I don't want another girl as my queen. I only want Lara. So, I grabbed her waist tightly, pulled her to me and put the chloroform on her mouth.

"Breath it in sweety" I say and I could see that she was trying not to breathe. I was concerned about her not breathing but after a few seconds, she stopped strugggling and finally took a breath.

She was out in a few seconds.

I put her on my back since she weighs like 10 pounds in my opinion and used my speed to get to my castle.

"Hello Prince Derek I see you bought our new queen she looks beautiful. Looks fit to be a queen" Scott, my head guard says as he opened the gates to our future home. 

"Thank you" I say to the guard. I couldn't have been more luckier to find a mate like this.

I enter the castle to see all the staff bowing down to me. 

My mother, the queen, was in the hallway waiting for me in her royal attire. She was such an elegant and kind queen that my kingdom adored her. I was glad to have her as a mother.

"Der, is this her?" my mother asked, amazed at seeing my mate for the first time. 

She gingerly touched my mate's face, astonished "Der, she's so beautiful. She looks like a sweet girl, I'm glad you finally brought her here"

"I'm glad too, mother. I am going to take her to my room so she can rest a bit."

"Okay, you go do that" My mother said and started walking back to the throne room, with her maids following her.

I take her to my room on the third floor and set her on the my gigantic, maghony bed.  She was still fast  asleep. She looks like an angel with her blonde hair sprawled across the pillows. She started turning to the side, hugging the pillow. I put a blanket over her and leaned over to kiss her forehead.  She will be perfect, I say to myself and get into the bed next to her. I wrap my arms around her and become drowsy to the tingles and her warmth. 

Vampires usually do not sleep, but we so as a hobby. It feels amazing to sleep next your mate.

'Hopefully she isn't too mad and is accepting of me' I pray and fall asleep to that last thought.