Chapter 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lara 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple months later....

It has been a few months since our first date and be agreeing to be Der's girlfriend. Me and Der have been great. He was a perfect boyfriend and life was awesome with me and my friends. We all graduated a few weeks back and it is the summer before we all head off to college. Elena is planning on going into engineering and is moving to California to study at CalTech and me and Der are headed off to NYC. It would be weird to not see our friends anymore. Elena had already left, deciding that we wanted a head start on packing her Dorm, meeting new people and go sight seeing.  After our tearful goodbye two weeks ago, we decided to keep in touch at least once every two weeks. 

Me and Der decided to find an apartment in NYC since it is hard to find one and we didn' want to be rushed at the last minute. A week ago we found a nice condo in the middle of where both our colleges were located. I also found a job at a local coffee shop as a barista on our street called Devocion. 

Der also got a job at a local book store. He was going to be a cashier and is in charge of inventory. We both needed a part time job aside from college to make sure we were able to pay the lease. I don't know why Der decided to get one too because I know his parents are loaded based on the BMW he drives. We had decided to split the lease much to his dismay. I didn't want to be a gold digger living off him. I think Der took the job too to help me which he didn't have to but I still love him.  

We just moved in two days ago after we signed our lease and we were currently unpacking. I was stocking out fridge when I found out that we needed to get some more food items that we forgot to but from our grocery list. 

"Der I'm going to the grocery store now see you in couple of minutes"

"Yeah sure" he said. He seemed nervous. Like he was hiding something. He seemed off for the past week and I thought it was just him being nervous about starting at a new college and adjusting to our new life. 

"Everything all right?"I asked, unsurely...Der was a private person and it took a while for me to get him to open up about his life. I have known him for so long now and still haven't seen his uncle, house or parents. He always brushed me off. 

"Yeah you go on"

"K bye"I yelled.  I Grabbed my jacket from the rack, put on my converse and closed the door.

To get to the grocery store took about 10 minutes and being the lazy person I am, I took the shortcut from a dark alley.

I WAS about to turn the corner when someone grabbed me and used their hands to cover mt mouth.  I struggled and managed to push the person off and started sprinting down the street, yelling 'HELP'. I turned back to get a glance at the man who attacked me. 

I saw his face and it was Der!!!

"What the hell Derek!"I shouted " I was scared shit-less that it was a kidnapper or murderer or gang member" It was NYC, who knew what happens at night and what kind of dangerous people are out there. 

"Shh"he said and covered my mouth. I bit his hand and he removed his hand from my mouth. 

"Ah, what was that for?" he yelled, his eyes getting darker as he pouted and rubbed his hand. 

"I don't know what you're up to but you're so being dumped"I told him. He was acting crazy and it was driving me insane because he wasn't telling me anything. 

He growled and ran towards him with his hands out wide to try and grab me, but  I turned and kicked him in the leg as he fell to the ground. 

"Ha take that I took karate" I said proudly as he was groaning. I was a black belt student. I started sprinting when I turned the corner I saw Derek again with his eyes as dark as the night sky. What happened to his blue eyes?!

"But you w-we-were- right there and n now you're here what? and w what happened to your eyes?"I kept stuttering. He seemed so brooding and dangerous and he didn't seem like the Der I knew and loved. 

"Well my girlfriend" He mockingly stated "You don't know a lot about, but don't worry you will find out why I'm taking you now. All will be revealed soon enough."

"Ex girlfriend and I don't want to wait! I wnat to know now! " I yelled at him, appalled by his maniac behavior. His gave me a sinister smile and saw a sharp tooth shine at me. Was that a fang?? WTF

Just then I realized what he said and I slowly was walking backward, trying to call 911 in discreet. 
"Wait, you said taking me!! Where??"

JUst then 911 lifted the phone "911 here, how may I help you?" asked a woman.

I attempted to run once again screaming "A man is trying to abduct me! HELP"

"Ma'am what is your name and where are you located?" the woman asked.

"I'm on..." I was about to finish when Der lifted me into his arms and snatched the phone away and crushed it with his bare hands. Where did he get that strength from?

"You called the police?" he yelled. "Of course I did you psycho!" I screamed, tears falling down my face. 

"I am not going to hurt you Lara, just be patient and everything will turn out to be fine. "HE muttered to be softly and cooed at me. The voice I had grown to love. Soon enough he covered my mouth with a chloroform cloth.

I tried to resist him by not breathing. I was turning red as the time went by. HE saw this at shook his head. 

"Come on, Breath it in sweety"he said, lovingly. "All will be well, my love". He was not the man I knew. 

And I was out like in a second and succumbed into the darkness.