Chapter 9

Queen Bella up there

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lara 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"So Lara do you have any siblings?"asked Derek's mother as she skillfully cut her steak. 

"No Ma'am. I am an only child"I replied. 

"Oh please call me Bella" she said giving me one of her sweet smiles. 

"Sure, Bella" I tested it out and said with a soft smile on my face. I liked Derek's mother. She was so sweet and nice. How did Derek turn out to be her son, I though furiously and stabbed my steak. He was such an arrogant jerk.

"So any future plans ?"asked Derek's father, Leander.

"Well I was thinking of becoming a doctor and helping others with their problems. My parents were in the medical filed as well and it is my passion as well to help other. I actually got into an accelerated 7-year med program in NYC." I tell them, proudly. It took a lot of effort for me to get accepted and I wasn't afraid of telling anyone.

"Well I think that's a wonderful job, Lara" Bella replied back, smiling. "We have a great medical school here in our kingdom and I think you will ft in perfectly there."

"Thank you Bella, but I am still confused. What kingdom and I do not plan on staying here. Can someone explain to me whats going on?" I asked, turning my head around the table and finally meeting Der's eyes.

"Um..." Derek stated rubbing his hand around his neck, I turned to look at him fully now, giving me full attention. He looked back at me, still nervous.

"What is it Derek?" I asked. I felt obligated to be somewhat nice to him since his parents were watching us like hawks through out this dinner. 

"Well I have to tell you something" he seemed really nervous, and I could see his hands starting to shake.

"Sure go ahead tell me"I eagerly encourage him. Maybe he will finally tell me what the heck is going on. 

"Well to start of we're vampires" Derek said almost seriously.

"You mean you and your family?" I asked in disbelief, If he was going to be this childish,  I am not even going to pretend to like being here with him

"Yeah and my kingdom as well " I stared at him, WHAT KINGDOM? Is this a drama or something. 

And then I started laughing tears started  to pour down my face. I looked to see his parents reactions, but they were just sitting there looking at me seriously too. They were not rejecting this absurd theory. It seemed like they already knew this was the reaction they would be getting from me.

"Sure, Derek" I said and started to laugh again.

"It's true my dear" said Bella. What water do they DRINK? Vampires? Seriously?!

"Derek do I look like five? Prove it and then I will believe you" I stated back in a monotone voice. 

"Are you Sure?" He asked me.

I just nodded back trying hard to not laugh again. 

Derek got up and after a second his eyes turned bloody red and fangs came out of his gums.

I screamed "Get away from me you blood-sucking monster!"

I started to run down the long halls but I was really slow since I was wearing a 10 pound dress and also heels.  I could feel Derek coming after me.