Ch. 27

The house was fucking huge. Everywhere Calum and I went there was some sort of dead end or something blocking our way. It was really getting annoying.

"Fuck." I muttered as we rounded the corner and found a locked door.

"Dammit." He said. We had to get out of this maze quick.

Calum grabbed my hand and we started running through the halls again.

I tried my best not to hyperventilate and start screaming at the fact that Calum was holding my hand, it was a life or death situation after all. And plus, he didn't feel the same way. However, that didn't mean my heartbeat didn't go through the roof, and it had nothing to do with running for our lives.

We came up to a corner and suddenly Calum slammed me to the wall. We were touching just about everywhere. I had to force myself to breath. The fact that he had this kind of effect on me could not be healthy, especially since not too long ago I wanted to kill him...

"Calum?" I started to ask but he put his hand over my mouth to shut me up.

He put his hand up to his ear and signaled for me to listen. He removed his hand from my mouth (unfortunately) but he didn't move anything else (fortunately). Our noses were practically touching as I looking into his eyes. It would be the perfect moment for a kiss, aside from us being on the run and all. But then Josh's annoying voice ruined everything.

I got my breathing in track and listened to what Josh was saying. He was talking to someone just around the corner. Luckily Calum and I were pretty well hidden.

"You better fucking find her. I will not lose her again!" Josh screamed. "You better not let me down brother, after what you did to mom and dad you have a lot of making up to do."

Josh had a brother?

"Whatever. I'll find her." It was Derek voice replied. He and Josh were brothers? What. This was starting to feel like a soap opera than my life.

I looked back at Calum, he shrugged, he was just as surprised as I was.

We heard two sets of footsteps turn and go away. We stayed how we were for another minute (I was hoping this would last forever) but eventually Calum stepped back and peered around the corner.

He gave me a thumbs up sing along the coast was clear. We continued walking in search of a way to escape. Eventually we found a stair case leading up to the main floor.

Once we were on the main floor I knew how to get out of there. This was Josh's family's house after all and I did know it pretty well after dating him for two years. I couldn't help but think that the 3 months I spent accidentally hitched to Calum, and we weren't even together, we SO much better than the two years I spent with Josh.

After making sure the coast was clear, I grabbed Calum's hand and lead him to the back door.

"It's got security, as soon as we touch the door the alarm is gonna go off." I whispered.

He gripped my hand tighter, and a sly grin spread across my face. "Then I guys we'll have to run fast."

He opened the door and we bolted. The alarmed roared in the background, but we didn't look back to see if anyone was following us. We hopped the fence into Josh's neighbors yard. Calum had to help me up because it was pretty high and I wasn't in praying physical condition. We kept jumping over fences and running through random peoples yards, hoping Josh wouldn't know where to look.

We eventually reached a playground and I collapsed onto a bench. Gasping I said, "I need a break."

Calum sat down next to me gasping to, "Do they let you call time outs when running from physcos?"

I laughed. Wow, I had missed him so much.

Before I knew what I was doing I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. We were both sweaty and gross from running but he just wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me in.

Even though we were in the middle of some crazy shit, I felt safe in his arms. I also suddenly felt the urge to tell him how I felt.

I pulled back a little to look into his eyes. "Calum, I-" but I was cut off when he roughly smashed his lips against mine. Before I knew it we were making out, with tongue and everything. It was rough and passionate and filled with so much longing. He was kissing me like it was the last thing he was ever going to do and it just might.

I crawled on top of his lap, straddling him, so that we wouldn't be at such a weird position. He moved his hands up and down my back and it ignited something deep within me. I wove my fingers through his hair, pulling us closer together if that was even possible. He moaned into my mouth and it just did something to me. I was ready to start throwing my clothes off and have sex right then and there in the very public park but doors slamming distracting me. I pulled away and looked up to see Josh and Derek running towards us.

I jumped off Calum and pulled him up. He looked around confused not knowing why I suddenly broke the (BEST) kiss (OFF MY LIFE). He looked flustered and was blushing; his hair was also messed up from where I was running my hands through it. The memory of how soft it was swept through my mind. He looked so cute. Then I started to wonder what the kiss meant. Fuck, why was I doing this to myself, but then I quickly remembered there wasn't time for that, we were a little busy trying not to get killed or kidnapped or whatever, so I grabbed Calum's hand and we started weaving through the jungle gym