Yaku Morisuke ~ Strong

Beginne am Anfang

He was so protective of you and whenever someone asked him why he liked you - before stating that your stutter was weird - he would stand tall and tell them he loved your stutter, because he did.

Yaku loved everything about you and just because you had something that nobody else did, he believed it was another reason to love you, another reason why you were such a beautiful human being.

And he hated it when people would pick on you and make fun of you, and he'd told the rest of the volleyball team to be patient with you whenever he saw you were coming over because he was worried that one day, they would even turn against you.

He just loved you so much, and he didn't want something like this to destroy your beautiful personality.

~*~

"Hey, Y/N!"

You and Yaku stopped walking and turned around to see three familiar jerks smirking at you.

Yaku frowned at the three whereas you smiled sweetly and waved.

"Hello!" You chirped, and Yaku's frown only grew at the respect you gave them.

Ever since joining Nekoma, those jerks had always poked fun at your speech impediment and Yaku believed they didn't even have the right to call you by your first name.

"Wow, she didn't stutter! The freak's finally learning to speak her own language!" One of them sneered in fake astonishment, and Yaku's grip on your hand tightened.

He looked over to you out of the corner of his eye to see you still smiling brightly. Your eyes were closed and he thought it was to outline your beautiful smile, but it was so he couldn't see the pain in your eyes.

"I know! I'm actually g-getting better!" You replied happily, your slip-up not bothering you as much as it bothered Yaku, because he knew the jerks would pick up on it.

And holy hell, did they pick up on it.

All of them suddenly burst into fits of rambunctious laughter, all three of them having to clutch onto their stomachs as they doubled over.

Yaku growled quietly and took a step forward, only to be jerked back by you, and he turned his head round to see you still smiling.

"Let's just go, 'kay?" You suggested sweetly, and Yaku looked back at the jerks before looking back at you and nodding.

"Yeah, bye, freak!" One of them called out as you and Yaku walked down the street, hand in hand.

Despite the fact you were still smiling, the frown never Yaku's face  - even after you both arrived at your house.

Your parents weren't here as they were both working late that night, so you invited Yaku round for a few hours until they returned, which would most likely be early in the morning so a sleepover was out for the taking.

"Wow, I'm exhausted!" You sighed, toeing off your shoes and flopping back onto the couch.

Yaku stood next to the couch with a small look of worry on his face. He wondered what was going on inside your head after that encounter and he was seriously petrified that keeping everything inside of you would damage your mental health.

He wanted to talk about this because there were so many things that he wanted to say to you, but couldn't because you were already cheerful enough. As rude as it sounded, he wanted you to be upset about this because he was your boyfriend, and it was his job to cheer you up and make you feel special.

"Are you ok, Y/N?" He suddenly asked, and you opened your eyes to look at Yaku confusedly.

"I'm fine," you smiled. "Why'd you ask?"