"Oh." He says, surprised. "We're leaving now?" I nod.

As we drive, we head deeper and deeper into the forest. It's actually creeping me out. "Why do they live out here?" I ask, staring out the window.

"Because the person we're going to see is a witch." He says, making me snap my head towards him. He says it so calmly.

"There's a witch in this town?" I ask, and he nods.

"There's actually a few of them." He answers. "But she's the best."

"I thought witches were rare." I state, turning my attention back to the scenery.

"They are. This is just a popular town for witches." He says, turning onto a long narrow driveway. "This town is so hidden and old that it's a popular place for special people." He finishes.

My stomach churns as I see the house. It's practically a shack. It's very old, and the paint is chipped. It almost looks like there's a broken window.

"She's nice. There's nothing to be afraid of." He says, grabbing my hand. I look at him and nod. "Let's go." He says, stepping out of the car. I follow him up to the door, and stand slightly behind him.

He does this special knock pattern. "Veraenna." He shouts, knocking one more time.

The door flies open, and there stands an old lady. "Dylan." She gasps, throwing her arms around him. "I haven't seen you in years. How have you been?" She asks, finally pulling away from him.

"I've been okay." He says, and Veraenna finally looks back at me. Her eyes widen slightly, before she steps towards me.

"Robertson." She says, and I tilt my head. That was my parents last name. "You're the daughter of Annastesia and Charles." She states.

"Y-yes." I stutter. "How did you know?" I ask.

"Come inside." She says, stepping back inside. I follow her into a room with a lot of books. She motions for me to sit, and I do. She also sits down, leaving Dylan standing.

"You want to sit?" I ask Dylan, and he shakes his head.

"I'm fine." I smile at him, before looking back to Veraenna, who is looking between Dylan and I.

"You're mates." She says, smiling. I nod, looking at Dylan. He smiles at me.

"Could you tell me about my parents?" I ask, watching her smile leave her face.

"Are you sure?" She asks, and I nod.

"Please. I barely know anything about them." I beg. She eventually nods, placing her hands in her lap.

"I knew both of your parents." She begins. "At the time, they were in love. They did everything for each other. Annastesia loved Charles so much, she was willing to kill her own kind for him. She helped him hunt werewolves."

"As you've probably already figured out, your mom got pregnant with you and your sister. She tried so hard to keep her secret from your father. But eventually he found out. She fled once he did." She pauses.

"But what about my parents family history?" I ask.

"Charles came from a long and brutal line of ancient witch and werewolf hunters. He didn't care to hunt witches, it was the werewolves that killed his family. Your mother aided him in destroying a whole pack of werewolves, even the pups."

"Your mother, Annastesia, had been banished from her pack when she had just turned eighteen. After that, she met your father. Together they killed your mothers ex-pack."

"When your father finally found Annastesia, he killed her. He knew that she had kids, but at the moment he didn't care." She finishes.

"So that's why I was kicked out of my pack." I say. "They didn't trust me."

Veraenna shakes her head. "No, they thought you would turn out just like your parents." She answers. "Do you mind if I read you?" She asks randomly. I look at her in confusion.

"Uh sure?" I say, more of a question.

She scoots her chair towards me, and places one of her hands on my forehead. She closes her eyes, and starts to whisper words in a different language.

My heart races, but she finally pulls away. She stares at me with wide eyes. "You have evil in you." She says.

My mouth drops open slightly, and I snap my head towards Dylan. "What the hell?" I ask.

"You need to be careful." She says, standing up. I stand up and follow her.

"Wait!" I shout. "I have one more question." She turns back to me. "Is my father still alive?" I ask.

After a minute of silence she speaks. "Yes." I gasp a bit. "You need to be careful of him. Don't make the same mistake with him as you did your sister. He doesn't care about you." She says, before disappearing off.

That leaves me with a sickening feeling. I don't have evilness inside of me. That's not possible. I'll never be evil.

How'd you like it? Comment, vote, have a good day. I have a big surprise coming in a couple chapters!❤️