Beginning

Hey I'm back! We're drawing closer and closer to the war!! I'm actually really nervous and excited to write the war scenes. I've already selected who's going to die😕 it's going to be hard on me. I might actually cry while writing it. And I'm sorry to anyone who cries when it does happen :(

"You can't be at the scene of the fight." Dylan commands, halting me as soon as I'm about to step out the door. I swing around, and look at him in annoyance.

"And why not?" I snap, placing my hands on my hips. "Do you think I can't defend myself?" I ask, and his eyes widen. He shakes his head.

"I just don't want you to get hurt!" He shouts, throwing his hands up. I make a frustrated sound.

"I'm the reason this is happening! They'll keep killing everyone until they find me!" I yell, not believing we're having this conversation.

"I don't care what you say. You won't be fighting!" He yells, his voice full of authority. I feel my wolf grow angry at him. I need to fight. This will only do more damage if I'm not there.

"I'm not your little bitch, Dylan. You don't own me. I decide what I do, not you. I will be fighting, whether you like it or not." I finish, giving myself a mental fist bump. He glares at me, and I notice his eyes are becoming increasingly darker. Oh hell. I pissed him off.

He grabs me by the shoulders, and slams me into the wall. He uses his body to trap me between him and the wall. I stare him in the eyes, challenging him. "Don't talk to me like that!" He booms, pissing me off even more. "You won't be fighting! I'll lock you away if I have to!" He yells, and a loud snarl erupts from my mouth.

I shove him off of me, throwing him over the couch. I would've laughed if I wasn't so pissed at what he said. "Don't tell me what to do." I scream, everything in the house going silent for a few seconds. I know the others are listening. I can almost hear their thoughts. "I don't need your permission on every damn thing I do!" I finish, my wolf shaking with rage.

There's silence, as I see his wolf start to calm down. We stare at each other, not saying anything. We're both fuming, the tension of the oncoming war making it worse. "I need some air." I mumble, shoving past him.

"Alex-" I'm out the door before he can say anything. I block out the mate link, and start walking to the pond.

I can't believe Dylan is being such a dick. I understand he wants to protect me, but he can't. Not from this. It will kill everyone if they try to keep me hidden and safe from the battle. And then where will I be? I'll be in the same place I was ten months ago. I'll be lonely, scared, and hopeless. But this time my mate, my sister and everyone I ever loved will be gone. I'd be on the run again, from a fate that I'm going to have to face. I can't even bear the thought of losing everything for a second time.

My mind was on autopilot, telling my legs where to go. That's why I ended up at the pond without even thinking. The pond is peaceful, the small hum from the wind and the light bird chirping, makes it special.

It's like my "own piece of home" as Lydia likes to call it. But Colorado no longer is my home. There's nothing left for me there. My parents died and so did my brother. But now, this small town in Virginia has become my home. It's made me who I am, and the people here have welcomed me like nobody else has.

I don't want to lose this too.

I feel the presence of someone else, even before they sit down next to me. I turn my head to see Ryan, pulling his knees to his chest. "I really want some alone time." I say, turning my attention back to the water. He doesn't move. Realizing that I won't be getting any alone time, I decide to start a conversation.