By blood or not

Heyyyy. No A/N but whatever's.
*
ANYWAYS. ENJOY THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE ITS KIND OF GOOD.

"Charlotte!" I shout, speed walking through the hall after her. She doesn't stop, so I speed up and grab her arm. "Charlotte!" I yell, turning her to face me.

She snaps around, her eyes watery. "What's wrong?" I ask, leading her into a spare room and closing the door. I stand in front of the door so she can't get out. She's going to talk to me.

"Nothing." She says, angrily wiping at her eyes. "It's really nothing. Just leave me alone." She sniffles, trying to get out of the room. I refuse to move my arm as I stare her down.

"Charlotte." I say slowly. "Tell me what happened." I command.

We're almost at the same height. But I'm just an inch taller than her. It's easier for me to stare her down.

"Why do you care?" She cries, sliding down a wall. I slide down the door, still staying against it.

"This may come as a surprise, but I am your sister. I'm supposed to care." I answer, smiling at her.

She wipes her nose on the sleeve of her shirt. "But we barely know each other. Why would you be kind to me when everyone tells you that I'm horrible?" She asks. I sigh, looking up at the ceiling. It's true. The only one who hasn't told me that Charlotte's bad is Isabella. But I think that's because she supports me on basically everything.

"Sometimes you just get tired of listening to people." I reply after thinking about my answer. "Sometimes, you have to do what your heart tells you. Not what others tell you." She looks at me, her eyes big. If I didn't know how old she was, I would've thought she was so much younger than me. But she's the same age.

"I'm jealous of you and Dylan." She says. I cough, looking at her in confusion.

"You're jealous?" I ask. "Of Dylan and I?" She nods, looking down. I sigh, patting the spot next to me. She looks at me for a second, before she gets up and walks over to me. She slides down the wall, sitting next to me. "Why would you be jealous?" I ask, wanting to know the full reason.

She looks down, picking at the skin on her nails. "You're so in love. I see the way you two look at each other. I guess I've just never felt true love." She says, a tear streaming down her face. "I loved Dylan. But I don't think he truly ever loved me the way he loves you. I guess I just won't find someone who actually loves me." She chokes on a sob, putting her head in her hands.

I feel my heart sink. "Charlotte." I whisper, waiting for her to look back up. She looks back up at me, mascara now smeared all over her face. "There will be others that you'll fall in love with." I say. "I don't know who or when. But I know someday you'll find a wonderful mate. You'll find that one person that completes you, that makes you feel like you're on cloud nine." I smile, putting my arm around her shoulder.

"It's rare for half-breeds to have mates." She whispers, catching me by surprise. I stare at her, my mouth slightly agape.

"Where'd you hear that?" I ask, and she sniffles.

"It's in all of the books about our species of werewolves." She replies. "Only the worthy find mates." She whispers, resting her chin on her knees. I glare at the wall, narrowing my eyes.

"Just because books say that it's rare to find a mate does not-" I say, pausing. "It does not mean you will never find someone to love you." I state, looking at her. She looks at me with hope.

"You really think that?" She asks, and I nod.

"I don't think. I know." I respond, and she wraps her arms around me. It's the first time she's hugged me.