Attacked

Heyyy. Dave Franco will be playing Ryan. This chapter is probably a personal favorite of mine. I just loved writing this chapter.
*
Do you guys think I could enter this in the Wattys?
*
Don't forget to vote/comment❤️

I walk through the land that Lydia told me she owned, which is apparently a lot of woods. I must admit it's beautiful here, certainly not as beautiful as Colorado, but beautiful. It's late September here, meaning it's been two weeks since I left my family. Two weeks since I spoke to any of them.

I reach the river, but this time I turn to the left and start walking away. I look around, careful to take in all of my surroundings. If I'm going to live here, I want to know where everything is. I've already explored the back part of the territory, all there is is a bunch of fallen trees. Boring, boring and boring.

I wonder deeper into the forest before I come to a small clearing and in the middle of that clearing is a tall willow tree, almost exactly like the weeping willow from Pocahontas . I smile softly, a feeling of sadness as I remember the many times my mom and I would watch disney movies.

I step into the clearing slowly, being sure to check my surroundings.  I reach the tree, running my hand over the old willow. Surprisingly, the bark on the tree is smooth. From a distance it looks rough but when you feel the bark it feels like running your hand over a polished table.

I hear a twig snap, causing my head to snap up into a pair of earthy brown eyes. I recoil back from the willow and away from the guy. He grins, and continues to walk closer to me. He's undeniably handsome with chocolate brown mousy hair and the same olive skin tone as Izzy. Strange.

"Who are you?" I ask, trying to remain calm. His scent reveals that he is a werewolf, which doesn't help calm me down in fact it makes it worse. He doesn't answer me, he just gets closer to me. "Get back." I growl, and he stops walking. There's a glint in his eyes that puts me on edge, like a predator hunting its prey.

"I didn't know another wolf moved in." He says, and I freeze. He looks me up and down, his eyes eventually making their way back to mine. "And I don't like other wolves coming onto my land." I growl at him, noting that his smirk grew even bigger when I did that.

"Last I checked this was my land." I answer, my eyes not leaving his for a second.

I see his smirk falter and he takes another step towards me. He stops when I growl at him again, but now he's only about eight feet from me. But I stand my ground, preparing for a fight. "Last you checked?" He asks, laughing. "Then I'll just have to take it from you, I don't think Lydia would care." He says, catching me completely off guard. How does he know? Does that mean-

"You seem surprised that I know who you are, Alexandra." My breath gets caught in my throat and he starts to circle me. "I don't want to hurt you, so I'd suggest you give me this land." I shake my head at him, the shock wearing off. 

"This is my territory and I will not give it up that easily. Now if I were you, I would leave." I say in a deadly tone, and his eyes turn cold. We stand there in the middle of the clearing with our eyes locked in a deadly standoff.

Finally he speaks, realizing that I don't have any intentions of backing down. "You're going to regret this." He purrs in a dangerous voice, standing only arms-length away from me.

"Am I?" I tease, making him growl at me. "What are you going to do?" His smirk returns, causing my stomach to churn fearfully.

"I'm going to tear that pretty face to shreds." He snarls, grabbing me by the hair and driving his knee into my face. I scream, watching as blood drips onto my hand. He goes to punch me again but I grab his fist before it hits my face, and twist his arm.