Chapter 15

Arshiya lay in between her parents staring at her father with amusement, giggling at irregular intervals. Tahira laughed lovingly at her and pecked her chubby cheek. Nilay looked at both the women in his life and his heart almost burst with affection.

"She's got your eyes." Tahira looked at him.

"Big ones. Brown in colour and beautiful as a doe." He whispered. At any other time she would've felt it cheesy but his tone spoke otherwise. All she felt was being loved and beautiful. She gave him a broad smile. He picked Arshiya up and placed her on his chest. Tahira immediately closed the remaining distance and wrapped her arms around his arm.

"Pa!" The baby gurgled.

"Look at her hands Tahira! They're so tiny!"

"Even my hands look tiny in comparison to yours Nilay!" She rolled her eyes.

"Because big hands are needed to do big things. Big hands with big fingers..big fingers which.."

"Nilayyyy!! Stop! You are such a pevert!"

"That's because we haven't had sex for about a week!"

"Arshiya is here!" She placed her hand on his mouth. Arshiya let out a hearty laugh in return. Nilay removed her hand.

"You've deprived me of my sexual life baby!" He spoke dramatically.

Just then Tahira's phone rang.

"Erica!"

"Hi babe! I was thinking if we could hang out together tomorrow. You know maybe lunch or shopping."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yep!"

"But it's a Sunday and you know Nilay will be ho.." Before she could talk for they Nilay snatched the phone from her hand.

"Erica it's Nilay!"

"Hey! How have you been?"

"Good!"

"So Tahira is free the entire day tomorrow. Breakfast, lunch, dinner any thing is good!"

"Nilay..but you'll be.." He placed a kiss on her lips to quieten her.

"Oh! That's great! I'll text her the time and address! Give my love to Arshiya!"

When he kept the phone down she lay on her stomach and supporting herself with her elbows she leaned towards him.

"But you'll be home tomorrow. And now you'll be alone." She pouted.

"Who said I'll be alone? Arshiya is going to be with me." He lifted the baby through her armpits.

"Right baabu!" Arshiya just yawned sleepily and Nilay put her back on his chest. Tahira got up immediately.

"Nilay she's hard to handle and you've never spent time with her alone. How will you mange alone? Moreover it's just Sunday's that you are free. You hardly rest!" She looked at her daughter asleep.

"That's a perfect reason that I should finally spend some time with my daughter alone - Number one. Number two - I still get a day off but you work tirelessly  seven days a week with Arshiya so you need a break!" Nilay whispered.

"But.."

"No buts..you are going tomorrow and that's final. We are going to have some daddy daughter time tomorrow." He smiled at her.

"Okay." She smiled back hugging his arm.

"Does that mean we can have s*x now?"

"No."