Chapter 1

"So like you wanted, on our request Naisha's been freed of any charges. But the government wants her to pay a penalty. It's an heavy amount! It's arou.."

Before Roy continue forward Nilay interrupted.

"I don't care. Just get done with her."

"Nilay?"

"Yeah?"

"She wants to meet you."

"I don't want to."

"She's waiting outside."

"What! I don't want to see her face! Just tell her to go!" Nilay raised his voice.

"It should be you getting done with her finally, not anyone of us."

"Roy!" He just shrugged and moved out.

To an extent Nilay knew that his best friend was right. Naisha was Nilay's business not anybody else's. It was just that he knew he wouldn't be able to control his anger. The entire string of events which happened to Tahira would start replaying in his mind.

He had realised that he was just infactuated to Naisha. It wasn't true love. Love demanded patience and unconditional attitude all of which he had learnt from Tahira. He kept on running after the wrong person all this time. I return hurting the one who surrendered herself at his service completely.

Tahira was his world now and by no means he wanted to hurt her. The amount of love she had given him was enough for him to get over Naisha's betrayal.

It was on Tahira's demand that he had made sure that Naisha didn't get any imprisonment charges.

"Nilay?" Tahira had said.

"Hmm.." He said looking up from his laptop.

"Umm.."

"What's wrong?" He said getting up.

"Can you do something about ..umm...Naisha.."

"She will pay for she's done Tahira. You need not worry."

"No! I mean just let it be.."

"What?!"

"She's had enough I guess. She's been in custody for over months now. She's learnt the hard way.."

"So you want that we should let her go?" She challenged her.

"Yes."

"I don't get it! You know very well that Uday came to know about you through her! Things would have been under control of she didn't betray me! Nothing would have happened..with..with you...!" He shouted.

"Who knows! It was meant to happen and moreover what difference will be left between her and us if we act in a similar manner!"

"No! I'm not letting her go! She has to pay for it!"

He was shocked at first when she talked to him about it. How angry he was with her. But once his mind comprehended he had smiled. The nice soul she was he should have expected this.

He was bought out of his chain of thoughts when he heard a familiar voice.

"Nilay." It wasn't the sweet voice he craved to listen to every day and every second. It was the same voice which killed him inside. The same voice which to a larger extent was responsible for Tahira's condition.

His body swung around to see Naisha standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry!" She sobbed.

His jaw clenched with anger.

"I was a fool! I don't know what was I thinking!"

And before he could speak she threw her body at him kissing him full on the lips. Shocked his hands held her shoulders to pry her body off his.

.......

It was while drinking water that Tahira noticed Nilay's wallet which he had forgotten on the kitchen isle. Smiling she bit her lip and went upstairs. Slipping her feet in her ballerinas she picked up her bag.

Shoving his wallet in her bag she picked up Arshiya. She locked her house and called for a taxi not wanting to drive herself. Telling the taxi driver his office address she settled down.

The moment she closed the taxi door Arshiya woke up and whined.

"We're going to daddy baby!" She exclaimed with happiness to the crying child. Rocking her in her arms she smiled and kissed her chubby cheek. The child calmed down and entangled her tiny hands in her mother's hair. Tahira laughed out a hearty laugh and patted her back.

"Naughty!"

Holding her up from her arm pits she kissed her nose and rested the child back on her chest. The 45 minute ride caused the whiny child to sleep again.

The taxi stopped outside his office. Her heart bubbled with excitement and she secured Arshiya close to her. Walking inside the office she asked the receptionist. Taking quick yet careful strides she reached his room. Standing outside for a few minutes a full blown smile swept on her face and she opened the door.

..........

Shock...that's what she got.

Both their bodies stuck with their lips plastered to each other she stood rooted to her spot bewildered. All happiness washed away and she took an unsteady step back. The door closed slowly with the two, Nilay and Naisha, still holding onto each other.

Her grip on Arshiya loosened and almost when the baby was was about to slip down she resecured her grip.

Nilay didn't see Tahira in bemusement himself.

Baffled she rested her back on the wall. Unable to breathe suddenly she ran out holding Arshiya close to her pushing a man near his room. In process the child got up and started wailing.

With a shaky voice she called out for a taxi and slipped inside. Trying to calm her baby she lost strength and pushing Arshiya's head to her chest broke down herself.

Author's Note:-

Portions which needed clarification will be emphasized in this part. Naisha and Nilay was one of the major issues I thought.

Tell me about it.

Comment!

xoxo Lily <3