Chapter 9

"We should call your friends over." She said setting up the dinner table while watching him and Arshiya spend some father daughter time. It was as if both of them understood each other completely. He held her in his arms and kissed her nose gently. In a swift motion he made her sit in her shoulders. The baby entangled her tiny fingers in her father's hair and giggled away to glory.

"Are you listening?!" Tahira spoke again.

"Why suddenly?" He questioned busy jogging with Arshiya balanced behind his head on his shoulders.

"For all that they've done for us. A token of appreciation." She mumbled. He stopped and looked at her. She thought about everybody except herself.

"If that makes you happy." He simply stated without making it more awkward.

Both the father and daughter were super agile and that too at night. He placed her gently on the couch and lightly tickled her tummy. The child snickered and happily threw her legs in the air with excitement. With thrill suddenly she burst out gurgling "Pa" constantly without a break. Nilay laughed out heartily with her. Tahira looked at them two and her eyes welled up.

Preparing her baby food she took the bowl to them. As if Arshiya knew she burried her face in her father's chest and let out a loud cry. Standing with Nilay she took the spoon and gently guided it to her mouth. The child let out another cry and fisted Nilay's t-shirt.

"Of course you hate mumma right now! But we have to eat baby." She gently cooed. Nilay looked at Tahira. She was tired. Taking care of a baby definitely exhausts you. But he had hardly seen her complain.

"Okay! Why don't you prepare food for us. I got her." He smiled taking the bowl in his free hand.

"You sure?"

"Umhmm.."

He placed her in the baby high chair putting a bib around her neck. The child looked at her father curiously and then then at the disgusting food kept in front of her. Just when she was very smartly about to hit the bowl with her hand to make it fall Nilay picked it up in time.

"Baabu you're smart!" That's what he called with love.

"Lets see how do you feed her today husband!"

"Is that a challenge wife?"

"What do you think?"

"Challenge accepted."

Keeping the spatula in her hand aside she stood with her hands on her hips too sure that he wouldn't be able to feed her. Placing a chair opposite to Arshiya's he filled the spoon to one forth and raising it higher than usual he let the blob drop into his mouth tactfully. Almost gagging at the taste he quickly smiled.

"It's yummmyyy!" Arshiya's big eyes bore into his and she gave him a full blown toothless grin.

"Of course it's yummy Mr. Singh! Why don't we feed that to you everyday?!" She scoffed.

"How does she even eat this?!" He whispered.

Nevertheless, he filled the spoon again and in a zig zag manner bought it down from a height making stupid noises. Arshiya's head wobbled, mouth opened in amusement and quickly he placed it in her mouth which she gulped eventually. Both the parents looked fearfully at the child waiting for her to cry but instead she chuckled making Tahira's jaw drop. In turn Nilay just cleared his throat smirking and giving Tahira a look.

"Well..whose the man?"

"Just the first bite hubby!" She challenged him again.

He picked up her sippy cup and made her drink a sip of water. And eventually bite after bite and his weird tactics she finished her food leaving just a little in the end. Tahira looked at them with fondness. He had proved to be a great father and her heart almost burst with affection. He got up and cleaned the food drooling out of her mouth.

"Finally!" He spoke with relief.

"How do you manage this everyday?!" She just smiled in return.

They ate food and he retired to their room with Arshiya. Removing her bib he scooped her up and placed her in her large wooden crib. Lazily she just lay there occasionally hitting the stars hanging over her crib. Moments later when Tahira came up Arshiya was fast asleep with her thumb in her mouth.

"Slept.." She kissed her forehead lovingly and looked at him. Not breaking eye contact he removed his t-shirt and slipped inside the bed. She followed and lay down next to him. Both stared at the ceiling and finally he broke the silence.

"Did I do good?"

"Nilay.." She spoke guiltily. How does she forget that he knows her in and out. He could clearly read through what was going in her mind.

The day she knew about her pregnancy she had imagined a totally different life which included raising her unborn child without a father and constant trouble answering about the whereabouts of her father. She had not forgotten about her cruel past and she knew it would never leave her but Nilay had made constant efforts to help her move on. It was hard to imagine at times that this was the same person whom she had thought to be heartless. He had seen and done things which she knew he wasn't proud of but that's what life is all about.  We as human beings make mistakes, learn to live with them, at times forgive ourselves and finally move on. Her husband had changed to depths which were unimaginable and she thanked God for that everyday.

A tear rolled down her eyes and he was quick enough to open his arms for her. Scooting close to him she rested her head on his shoulder and her hand over his heart...like he always loved. He held her while she sobbed quietly.

"We'll be fine...just fine." He whispered rubbing her back gently.

Author's Note :-

Insomnia...eyes hurting but I have no clue how to sleep, thus, triple updates! lol!

<3 Nilay - Arshiya moments <3

Again...thanks to each one of you who is accompanying them in their journey. Lots of love : )

Chapter Dedication:- Addict-ified... unknowingly you have provided me support in a way which I can only thank you for !

Comment!

xoxo Lily <3