Chapter 3

Arshiya's mini hands worked about tirelessly playing with his buttons. Restlessly she kicked her tiny feet in the air. She just wouldn't sleep.

He was astonished for it wouldn't take Tahira more than half an hour to put their child to sleep. It had been over 45 minutes and the child was wide awake. Not sleepy but very content in her father's company.

"Baby mommy's alone. Please sleep." He finally spoke after another twenty minutes.

Her big eyes which she had inherited from Tahira looked at her father. As if she understood his worry, he saw her getting worn out. Carefully he guided her head to her chest. She didn't bother raising it again.

He realised that all these months he held Tahira in his arms during her horrible dreams whispering soothing words to relax her. Not once did he wake her up. But, today he literally had to jerk her up. And above all he shouted on her. If that wasn't enough she had to look at his raging eyes.

Rage, which was mainly because of what Naisha did today. The other reason was, being helpless in front of her nightmares. An evidence that Uday hadn't really left them alone even after dying! And above all his incapability to save her innocence.

He wanted to tuck Arshiya to sleep to that he could go to his wife. He wanted to get done with all that they were going through. Enough was enough. He wanted a happy family and he would get it. He wanted Tahira happy and he would do anything to make her happy.

But before their final route to happiness there was a hurdle, Naisha. He was determined to tell her whatever happened today. Even if she was upset because of her nightmares he would tell her. No more hiding.

At last she slept. Giving her a peck on her cheek he laid her down in her crib and covered her with her baby blanket. Casting a look at her he saw how adorable she looked with her little thumb stuck inside her mouth.

He moved outside closing the door behind him. She wasn't in their room and he knew where exactly to find her. Not wasting time he stripped off and changed into a comfortable t-shirt and sweats. Carrying a blanket with him he sprinted downstairs and then to the back door which led to the beach.

Her head rested against the wooden pillar of the back porch and she sat staring at the calm sea. Covering her shoulders with one side of the blanket he wrapped the other side around him.

She looked up at him. Her eyes were puffy. He hated it when she cried.

"We need to talk." He stated calmly.

She had lost all strength. This was it. She couldn't take any more of all this. She had never seen or met Naisha in person, so she didn't know who that girl was. To her it was some random girl whose body was stuck to her husbands.

"Can he really do this now? When we've move forward..when we've slept with each other? After confessing his love to me? Can he really do this?" She thought looking at her ring finger.

No matter whatever she saw she just wasn't ready to believe it. But Nilay definitely had some explaining to do.

She stared boldly into his eyes.

"Tahira, Naisha had come to me in the office today."

"Like you said I have all charges removed. She's free except that she has to pay a penalty."

"Oh! So that woman is Naisha."

She braced herself for the bitter truth. Her eyes about to give away the fear and helplessness. Nevertheless they didn't leave his.

"She kissed me." He said it out loud and clear like always.

And he didn't sound guilty at all!

She gulped.

He knew if he didn't put this the right way she wouldn't hesitate in leaving him. And this time he wouldn't be able to drag her back to him.

"I don't want to hide anything from you Tahira! It was was unexpected. She just threw herself at me and..." Desperation filled him.

He didn't get to complete the entire sentence for he felt her lips on her.

"I trust you." She whispered.

All anxiety feld away. Relief. That's what both of them experienced.

She was sure that he hadn't seen her. She was just fretting that he wouldn't talk about it. If he didn't talk to her she would have concluded that he was having an affair. But his confession was enough to suppress the suficing fear along with depression.

She slumped against him. Even though both her quiet he could sense her discomfort.

"You were doing awesome baby. What happened today?"

She didn't answer.

"Will she hate me for hurting her Nilay?"

"No! I've told her that you didn't mean to hurt her." He wrapped his arm around her tighter.

She smiled at his humor.

"I almost hurt her.." She whispered.

"She's a smart baby you know! She understood immediatetely. She knew mommy was having a bad nightmare." He said tucking her hair behind her.

"Has she slept?"

"I've taken care of our baby Tahira!" He said tucking his arms beneath her legs.

"Nilay! What are you doing?!"

"Taking care of my other baby!" He smiled broadly at her.

Laughing she hit his chest playfully.

He moved with her in his arms to their bedroom and let go of her finally.

"I'll just be back." She said and he nodded.

She headed to Arshiya's room. Bending down she whispered a 'sorry' to her child. Kissing her forhead she rocked her crib a little and went back to Nilay.

Slipping under the covers she turned his back to him. Instantly his arms bought her back to his front.

"Tahira?"

"Hmmm.."

"You weren't having nightmares for the past so many days. Today, again suddenly? It's unhealthy! Did something happen?" He was worried and he needed to know.

"I had come to visit you in your office today and I saw when Naisha kissed you."

"You saw! Tahira!"

"I misinterpreted everything. I thought you..you.."

"That I was cheating on you?"

" Yes." She whispered.

"So that was the reason you lost control today?"

"I guess."

"I'm so sorry...I didn't.."

"I love you." She cut him again.

It was more than sufficient.

"I love you baby."

They were a very wierd couple. They wouldn't speak a lot to clear misunderstandings. A few words spoken to clear doubts were enough for the two. Guess it was because of what they had been put through in the past. What was of most importance was that that they were on the same page with each other.

Author's Note:-

Thanks to all those who are still reading the spin off! Makes me so happy! Love each one of you out there!

Comment!

xoxo Lily<3