Chapter 4

*Before Arshiya is born*

The bottle slipped from her hands and she let out an irritated sigh. Supporting her back she was about to bend but he picked it up before her. Undoing the cap he handed it to her.

"You're back early today ..." She whispered.

His trainings were crazy. He left early morning and came back late at night. He was guilty of leaving her alone but work was work. He had to do it.

It was her sixth month and it was definitely showing. Her mood swings had increased. Despite her best efforts not to she would sound irritated. But he didn't mind at all. In fact he found it cute.

Since a few days she had been lost in her own thoughts. Even the little time he got after his trainings he made sure to spend every second with her. But something was off about her.

"Is something wrong?" He asked kissing her forehead.

She was still trying to get over the aftermath. She hardly responded to his affection. But he was adamant to break her hard wall.

She just shook her head.

"Will you eat something?"she asked.

"Let's go out?" He answered.

"I don't want to."

"Alright, I'll cook."

"Nilay...you know what! Ok forget about it!"

"Okay..okay..whatever you want." He said calmly.

It was bothering him now. There was an issue which she wasn't telling.

She moved past him to the kitchen to cook. Holding her temples she let out a shaky breath. He looked at her. She was hiding something. He could have used force and authority like he always did but he just couldn't bring himself to do it keeping in mind her condition.

There was a tense silence even at dinner. He looked at her plate. The food was almost untouched.

"Tahira...eat somethi..."

"I'm not hungry." She snapped back.

"Okay. Do you want ice cream?" He tried to lighten her mood.

"No. Good night."

With that she just got up and left to sleep. He left his food and cleaned up. Just when he was about to take the first step he heard something. Like something had fallen down.

"Tahira!" He called out.

Running up stairs he opened the door in a haste.

She sat amidst the scattered medicines on the floor. The box lying a few inches away from her feet.

Her blurry eyes met his.

"I can't find my medicines." She said ignoring him.

"Medicines? You take your vitamins in the morning. It's your sixth month..technically you shouldn't be taking any medicine! What medicines are you talking about?" He said squatting next to her. He tried to push her hair back from her face but she turned her face away.

"Tahira..what's wrong! Talk to me!" He spoke gently.

"What's wrong!? Everything..every damn thing Nilay!" She shouted in between tears.

She tried getting up but her weight was too much now. He helped her up holding her arm.

"Go away!"

"I will once we talk properly. Will you talk about it now?"

She closed her eyes and tears flowed out freely. He was clueless. He didn't know what to do.

"Baby please..talk to me!"

Defeated she closed the gap between them and hugged him still weeping.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"My back's aching, my feet are killing me.."

Before he could say anything she mumbled.

"You are not there most of the time. I..I miss you..."

Reality slapped him in the face. He had never expected her to confess. He missed her too but he told her often unlike her.

Without rationale he scooped her up. He was strong and was still weightless to him. Putting her on the bed he moved to the kitchen. Pouring some oil in a glass bowl he heated it up.

He eyes got fixed on the open door.

"She should have just kept her mouth shut." She thought.

But it was too much to bear. Her crazy hormones, the body pains and above all Nilay's absence..she was going crazy. As much as she needed time to figure herself out there was no doubt that he had become an exceptionally important part of her life. She was getting used to his soothing caresses even though she hardly responded.

The way he pulled her body close to his after coming home late at night..thinking that she's asleep, but actually she lay awake waiting for that moment. That one kiss where he let his lips linger for more than a few seconds on her cheek drove her mad and above all his silky voice when he whispered a 'good night baby' to her was music to her ears. Immediately all worries and sadness of him not being there would flee away. Her restless heart would calm down for the night.

She saw him placing the bowl on the bedside table. Hunching down he smiled at her. He got up and moved behind her. Tugging at her t-shirt he rolled it upwards. Her body went on guard and she tried getting up uncomfortable with what he was doing.

"Trust me." His said calmly and she stilled.

Dipping his fingers in the oil he started massaging her back slowly and firmly. His hands worked up and down in a circular pattern and he didn't stop. His hands slowly made her comfortable. This was the first time he had been so intimate with her. The first time his skin had this much contact with hers. A new sensation began to develop in her body and she relaxed completely giving in to sleep. He let go of her back and massaged her feet for another thirty minutes after that.

After being satisfied that she was relieved of her pain he changed and moved outside. Looking into the sky with his hands in his pocket he couldn't help the small smile which tugged his lips.

"I miss you.." The words kept replaying in his mind. No matter how strong a wall she built around her he would break it.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said it. I was just..." She had come out.

Without a word he moved back leaving her alone.

"Nilay.." She whispered. Tears came back.

Before they could run down her cheeks he emerged with a comforter in his hands.

He sat on the beach chair facing the sea outside his room, in the balcony. She bent her head low and started heading back inside. It was then he held her hand and pulled her to him. Reclining back in the chair he opened his legs a little wider to accommodate her body. Shocked she didn't respond but followed his directions. Once she was settled comfortably he rested his legs up beside hers.

"I didn't tell you...I miss you more." He said huskily. She looked up to him and smiled softly.

She lay on top of him with her head on his chest. Her big belly resting comfortably on his waist and her legs between his. He covered them with the duvet. Sleep took over her in no time. Her hand rested atop his chest over his heart, just like he loved...as if she wanted to feel his heartbeat.

His eyes wandered upwards. Under the dark blanket of the night sky with the twinkling stars he held his most precious possession in his arms. It was at that second something grew strongly in his heart...a love so fierce that he would fight the world for it.

Author's Note:-

Comment!

Anhbody....ways of coming out of worthless relationships?! All advice is welcomed :p

Made an Instagram account specially for Wattpad!

"Rain_And_Cupckes"

Looking forward to hear from you :)

xoxo Lily <3