Chapter 11

*Graphic content. Please do not read if below 18 or uncomfortable.*

John and Nilay stood by wooden railing facing the sea looking at their girls giggling.

"Fixed a date for the marriage?" Nilay asked John.

"By the end of this year." John smiled.

"Can't believe I'm getting married dude! I mean Erica's amazing but still it's kind of wierd !" Nilay smiled at him.

"Being a husband and then starting a family, even though it comes with responsibilities, it's amazing." Nilay smiled.

"How's she doing? The nightmares?"

"Still there. If it's was horrific for me John...I can only imagine what it might have been for her."

"Hey..you two!" Roy shouted from the other trying to disentangle Arshiya's tiny hands from his hair.

"Help me here!" He pouted.

"Nilay laughed and moved to him." Holding Arshiya in his hands he threw her in the air lightly making her giggle. Unconsciously his eyes wandered to Tahira.

She was talking to Mike. He was leaning a bit towards her and every now and then lightly touching her shoulder. She was laughing at his jokes heartily.

Jealousy.

Nilay moved towards them with Arshiya.

"Only if you weren't married to him Tahira!"

"Mike!" She fake scolded him.

Anger.

Mike had always flirted with her. Even during her training sessions initially he used to do this. It was pretty harmless and Nilay knew this at the back of his mind. But a jealous husband would always overshadow a rational husband.

"What's going on?" Nilay almost barged in trying to sound normal.

Possesiveness.

"This man here is the bane of my existence Tahira!" He pointed to Nilay.
Tahira just smiled sweetly at him.

"Be nice to him Mike!" She said. In return he winked at her. She rolled her eyes and looked at Nilay smiling.

Nilay and Mike spoke something at the same moment and immediately Tahira shushed Nilay.

"Nilay hush! Mikes saying something."

Mike continued speaking and that was it for Nilay. He was boiling with rage.

She chose Mike over Nilay in that petty conversation.

The entire evening he sulked and gave a cold shoulder to Tahira. She frowned and looked at him confused when she put food in his plate and served him. He payed no attention to her and got up to grab water. She brushed it off trying to enjoy the rest of their time with their friends. Finally when they were done she put Arshiya to sleep and went to the room.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He spoke with a straight face.

"Really?!" She huffed. He didn't respond.

"Nilay?"