Chapter 9- The nightmares are back

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. A small window was on the side letting little moon light inside. The floor was dirty and dusty. A bed was pushed against the wall. A broken chair was on the floor. Everything looked to empty, so dark, so scary. I tried to move my hands, but they were tied up. I wiggled around and stopped when I saw a blood red rose beside me. I stared at it and cried. Helpless. I felt helpless. I couldn't speak. I couldn't scream.

I tried yelling help, but nothing came out. My hair covered half of my face. My clothes was bloody, dirty, and torn. I heard a scream in the distance and my head shot up looking around.

"Mommy! Mommy!" No. No. This can't be. Rose my poor Rose. Who has her? Where is she?

"Rose! Rose!" I finally shouted.

There was scream and laughter.

"Rosebelle!" I shout as tears streamed down my face.

"Rosebelle!" I shot up from my bed. Sweat covered my body. My heart was pounding really fast. Tears blurred my vision. I ran inside Rosebelle's room making sure she was still there. She was sleeping soundlessly. She had a small smile in her lips. I picked her up making sure not to wake her up and carried her to my bed.

Gently placing her on my bed I laid beside her placing a hand around her protectively. I tried closing my eyes, but every time I did her scream and pleads rang through my ears. I sat up from my bed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

I dialed Juily's number and waited for her to answer. It's five in the morning, but I know she will answer.

"Nichole? What are you doing calling me at five in the morning?" She asks. I can practically hear her frowning and worried.

"They're back." I say softly.

"What's back?" She asks.

"My nightmares." I choke out.

"What?!" She shouts.

"I had a nightmare, y-you know what happens when I get nightmares." I cry.

"But you haven't had one in two or three years." She says.

"I know. That means something bad is coming. Something really bad. I can feel it."

"I'm on my way." She says and hangs up.

It's times like this I appreciate having a best friend like her. It doesn't matter what time it is or how far away we are, she will always be there for and will always come to comfort me. We have our ups and downs, but we never leave each other and that's the good thing.

I sat in the bed not being able to go back to sleep. I kept glancing at Rose every second making sure she's okay. Soon enough there was a knock on my door. I shot up from my bed and walked over tho the bed. I swung the door open knowing who it was. I immediately jumped into Juily's arms and cried. I was aware that the guys were behind her. Although it was six in the mornings and they were still sleepy. Concern was written all over their faces.

"Come in." I say pushing away from Juily and wiping my tears. We sat in the living room just staring at each other.

"Y'all want anything to drink?" I ask.

"A coffee please." They all say. I nod and go into the kitchen quickly making them coffee. I return with their coffees and put them on the coffee table.

"I'm scared. I'm afraid something will happen and I won't know when it will hit. Remember last time I had a nightmare?" Of course they remember, idiot.

"I was stabbed and went into a coma. But this, this nightmare is was horrible." I say.

"What happened?" They ask.