Chapter 8- Icecream and Parks

It's been two days. Two days since Ryder and I made out. After lying on the grass staring at the stars for what felt like years. I decided that it was late and we needed to head home. He didn't speak just nodded with a big grin plaster on his face. I can't lie, I myself was grinning like a fool. The morning i left, I acted like nothing had happened. I could see the slight frown on his face when I ignored him. I left with Rosebelle right after breakfast telling them that I'll visit next week.

When I left town I couldn't stop thinking about Ryder. The kisses we shared just kept replaying in my head. I even caught myself unconsciously touching my lips. Even Rosebelle was looking at me weirdly. But some part of me felt like I was leading Liam on.

Am I? Should I tell him? It's not like we're dating. He wouldn't get mad, right?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the bell ranging multiple times. Liam. The guy never know how to leave me alone.

"I'm coming!" I shout. Rosebelle comes out her room carrying her stuffed animal. She reaches out for me and I pick her up placing her on my hip.

"Lemon!" She squeals when the door bell starts ringing like crazy again.

"Wait! Patience please!" I shout. I swing the door open not bothering the look through the peephole.

"Liam what the—Ryder?" To say I was shocked is an understatement. I was confused to why he was here.

"We're you expecting Liam?" He asks a slight tone of anger.

"Well yeah, he's the only one that rings the bell like a lunatic." I say.

"Can I come in?" He asks.

"Umm yeah sure." I say opening the door wider. He walked in and I just looked at Rosebelle who was staring at me too.

"Not to be rude, but why are you here?" Okay so maybe that came out worse than I meant. I sounded like a bitch.

"I came to visit Rosebelle. I don't have classes today and wanted to spend it with her." He says nonchalantly.

"I told you, you have to tell me ahead of time. A call or something could've been good, you know." I say.

"Ry! Ry! Ry!" Rosebelle starts shouting happily bouncing on my hip. She reached towards Ryder who took her in his arms. That's so weird. She barely met her dad and she's already so comfortable with him. Usually she cried when someone she doesn't know holds her. When she met Lauren and Liam she cried when they tried holding her, but after seeing them almost everyday she got comfortable.

"Hey Rose." He says nuzzling her nose. I smile at the small cute gesture, but quickly put on a blank face when he speaks.

"Are you busy?" He asks.

I shake my head. "No, why?" I ask.

"I want to take Rose out, do you want to come?" He asks. I think about for a sec and shrug.

"Sure I have nothing else to do and I need to keep an eye on you with Rose." I say squinting my eyes at him.

"I'm her dad, I would never hurt her and won't let anyone hurt her." He says. Somehow his words made my heart flutter. I masked it with a small smile and nodded.

"Okay let me just go change Rose and myself." I say. He shakes his head.

"You look fine like that." He says.

"Really?" I ask looking down at my outfit. I'm wearing washed out denim ripped skinny jeans with a black t-shirt that has a batman logo on it and black converse.