Chapter 20- I don't want to lose her

As soon as we arrived at the hospital the paramedics rolled her into the emergency room. Yelling for doctors and nurses. I tried fighting to go in, but two nurses told me to sit down. I slumped against the wall and let endless tears stream down my face.

Why? Why does this have to happen again? Why couldn't if have been me? Why did she have to jump in front of the bullet? Why did she save my life? Not only mine, but Rosebelle's too.

She said she loved me, but will I ever be able to hear her say the words again. Will I ever get to see her breathtaking smile or hear her melodiously laughter? Will I ever get to show her how much I love her? Will Rosebelle grow up without a mother?

So many questions ran through my head as I sobbed onto my hands. This is breaking me apart, I can feel my heart being squeezed in my chest.

Please God, save her. I need her, Rosebelle needs her, we all need her. Please, I beg you.

Soon enough Carlos and the rest came running in. They asked the front desk and she answer with, "She's going through surgery, there's a small chance she'll survive. She was shot in the same exact spot they stabbed her. Sorry." I felt like I was going to die after hearing those words.

There's a small chance she'll survive. How can this be possible? I can't believe it, I don't want to believe it.

We all didn't want to believe it. Carlos held Rosebelle in his arms hugging her tightly while he cried into her small shoulder. Juily was sobbing into Sebastian's chest as he silently crying. Logan and Lauren were holding onto each other sobbing loudly. Asher was crying while he held Taylor who was sobbing hysterically. Mason looked like he wanted to murder someone as he cried into Nancy's shoulder, Nancy was silently crying her eyes bloodshot red. We were all mess, tears and prayers were shared around us. No one spoke or laughed, we just cried.

Rosebelle cried for Nichole, which only cause us to cry even more. I tired to block everything out, but I couldn't. Everything reminded me of Nichole. My beautiful Nichole.

One of the nurse came a few minutes later asking for blood donations, of course Carlos went since he was the only one with that blood type.

An hour passed and yet nothing changed. I heard people yell as the emergency doors opened.

"Hurry call more doctors! We're losing her!" The double doors opened as more doctors piled in. Carlos approached one of the doctors asking who is was that they were losing, "Nichole Lopez." The doctor answered and quickly ran into the emergency room.

It seemed like that only made us to worry even more, I felt the atmosphere change. A feeling of death roaming around made me feel sick to my stomach. I don't want to lose her. I threw my head back and stared at the blank white ceiling, all I saw was Nichole's face, a smile taking over her face. Her laughter echoed in my ears, I could practically feel her touch, her kisses. I just found her a month ago, I can lose her. I can't.

"News reporters are here and so is the paparazzi. How'd they find out?!" Carlos shouted angrily.

I opened my eyes and turned my head to see the flashing lights and loud shouts of questions from outside.

"Will Nichole be okay?!"

"What's her condition?!"

"What happened?!"

"Will she die?!"

The last question made me get up and rush outside.

"No, she's not okay! She was shot and has a little chance of surviving! She's going thought surgery and the doctors are trying to save her! Did that answer your questions!" I shout angrily. The news and paparazzi had found out Rosebelle and Nichole were kidnapped, but we never knew how. How did they find out she was shot, there has to be someone whose telling them.

I walked back inside and sat down next to Carlos. Rosebelle was sleeping in his arms, she looked so beautiful just like her mother.

"Nichole reminds me a lot of Natasha, I don't think I can deal with another loss. Just looking at Rosebelle reminds me of what situation we're in." Carlos says breaking the silence.

"I don't think I'll be able to live if Nichole dies, it's my fault. She shouldn't have jumped in front of the bullet, I should be in her position and she should be holding Rose." I say as silent tears slide down my cheek.

"She's brave, just like her mother. She said she'd do anything to save the people she loves. She loves Rosebelle and you. She never did stop loving you, she said she'd jump in front of a bullet and she did. We couldn't stop her decision, we wouldn't have been able to change her mind. She did it on her will, because she loves you." Carlos says. Although a couple of tears slipped from his eyes, he looked sincere when he said it.

"Before she went unconscious, she told me she loved me. You don't know how long I have been waiting for her to say those words, just not in the situation we are in." I say. He gives me a sympathetic look.

"Juily told me what really happened." Oh.

"I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating on her. I was wrong, you are a good guy and wouldn't do anything to hurt her, but after hearing what happened. I felt bad and guilty, we agreed to help her move on when I didn't even know the full story. I'm a proud supporter of Role, I don't really like that Liam guy." I chuckle and probably the first time in days. He chuckles too, but stops when Rose stirs in his arms.

A few minutes later the double doors open and two doctors come out. A sympathetic look on their faces. This can't be good. I felt my heart pick up and my hands get sweaty. Everybody got up from their chairs and approached the doctors eager to know her condition.

"Family of Nichole Lopez." He announces.

"I'm her father." Carlos says steeping in front of Asher.

The doctor sighs and looks at him in the eyes. A look of pity flashing in the doctors eyes. The next words made my heart sank to the ground and my world crumble down.

"I'm sorry Mr. Lopez, we did everything we could...she's gone."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Please don't kill me! Nichole's gone and I'm so sorry! Please don't hate me! At least I updated today. I might not update tomorrow, depends if I do homework right now. I know it's a short chapter, but at least it's a chapter.

Comment if you hate me right now. Hopefully nobody comments😬

Song above is by Reik you'll only understand if you speak Spanish or understand Spanish.

Please don't forget to vote, share, and follow.

Buona giornata(Have a nice day in Italian)

    ~YISEL SEGURA~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••