Chapter 20

As the night went on, Candace fell asleep on Chad. He actually liked it that way. He was happy she slept better that way because it meant that she only wanted him there. Chad thought back to the times when he accused her of not caring who was by her. Candace had told him, "If you think I am going to let any other man near me who isn't you, and I am still in love with you, you must need to be hit upside the head." From that day he knew better than to tell her that again. He thought about how sick she was. He could hear her wheezing in her sleep.

When he saw her with her mouth open, he stuck the thermometer in to see how high her fever was. It went down to 99. He took it out, and sterilized it. After that, he laid back down and went to sleep. When the alarm went off the next morning, Candace got up. She thought about how she was going to him up. She nudged her head under his neck. All he did was grab a hold of her. Candace said, "baby, you got to get up. You got to go to work." "I don't want to get up." "Baby, it's an every morning thing. How did you go without me?" "I just had Jerry call me every morning. When I got back with you, you did it."

"I see. Now go get in the shower." "I'm going, I'm going." He got up and went in the bathroom. While Chad was at work, Candace was working on her first manuscript. When she got the final copy done, she closed her laptop, and put her head down. She just wanted to rest her eyes for a little bit. Chad was busy in meetings the whole day. Jerry was right behind. Since Jerry is his personal assistant he has to go wherever Chad goes unless, Chad says he can't. While they were in the Fodgers meeting, Jerry was taking a lot of notes.

He made sure he had everything organized, for Chad to know what was what. As the meeting went on, they had closed the deal. Closing the deal meant everyone was going to get a bonus. Chad was also going to take Candace away to the Caribbean. He knew how much fun they had. When the meeting was over, Chad and Jerry shook hands and walked into Chad's office. Jerry gave him the notes which were taken. He told Chad about who had called and what appointments he had left. As the day went on, Chad and Jerry were very busy. To them it seemed like they were running around like a chicken with his head cut off. They did get a lot more accomplished. When the 4:30 hit, Chad stood outside his office, and told all of the employees to meet him in the conference room.

When everyone was in the room, he said, "As you all know, we have been trying to close a deal with Fodgers. We have successfully made it happen. You will all be expecting bonuses in your accounts. I will see you all tomorrow." Everyone was chatting as they were heading home. Chad asked Jerry to stay back. He wanted to talk to him about what was going to happen. "Jerry, I want you to get me all the files of each person in the building. Cancel all my meetings for tomorrow, if I have any. Also, when you go home, spend some time with your wife. You got to show her love. You and I work too much. After tomorrow, you have the rest of the week off. Enjoy it." "Thank you sir." "You're welcome. Remember what I told you now." "I will sir. You have my word." "Good."

After that, Jerry and Chad locked up, and went home. Chad was very happy when he got home. He was too excited about closing the deal." Candace was in her office still asleep. Chad went in, and started rubbing her back. "That feels nice." "I'm sure it does babe." Candace sat up, and turned to look at Chad. "Baby, why are you smiling?" "We closed the deal with Fodgers." "That's fantastic baby. I'm so proud of you." She stood up and hugged him. "Even better, I gave everyone bonuses and I gave Jerry the rest of the week off started Wednesday." "That's great. He deserves it." "I canceled all my meetings for tomorrow. I got to distribute all the money into each person's account. Then I am going to make arrangements for us to go back to the Caribbean." "Baby, you're busy. It can wait."

"Baby, I told you I would take you back right?" "Yes, you did." "I am going to take you. I want you to feel relaxed and just have fun. I know how much you loved it then." "I did love it. It was nice with just you and me, and not having to worry about anything. I like when we go on vacation." "I know you do. Baby, you have been working hard all of your life. You have to let me spoil you. Part of being your husband means I have to take care of you. I want to do this." "Okay baby. I just got to get used to having it all at my fingertips. Oh, I finished the final draft of my manuscript. I'm going to try to get it published. I am probably going to end up self publishing it." "That can work. You can earn a lot of money that way. Everything will be yours. You won't have to worry about paying all those different people."