The News

February 14, 2017

Victoire's PoV

"Victoire, we have some news we'd like to share," Scott said. I looked at my parents. They nodded, which meant that they knew what was going on. 
"It's a bit bad but a whole lot of good." Kevin said. I was starting to get nervous. 

"We want you to stay and finish high school, which means no world tour," Kirstie said. My heart dropped. No World Tour? That means this is the last time I'll see them. "There's more," Kirstie said quickly.
"After you've graduated, we'd like to make you a permanent part of our team," Scott said. My jaw dropped. 

"Your parents already gave their consent, so we'll tell you what we told them," Avi said. 

"Please do," I said. 

"We want you to finish high school. You love photography and that's where you first came to love it. Plus, we know you want to be valedictorian." 

"True, true," I said. 

"So after you've graduated, your parents agreed to let you come and be a part of the crew. Now, since you're into photography, we'll want you with us most of the time. So what we're asking, is if you'd like to come and work for us full time?" Avi asked. 

I beamed. "I'd love to! But where would I live?"

"You'd be staying with Kevin and I in our house. It has four bedrooms, so you can have one. Won't even have to pay rent." 

"Shame. You almost got to stay with Scott and me," Mitch said. 

"They argued about who got to keep you for a solid half hour," Esther said with a small laugh. 

"He threw a hair dryer at me," Avi said. 

I laughed. "You agreed to all this?" I asked Mom and Dad. 

"Although I'm not too keen of you living with two men I barely know, your mother and I know that this is your dream. We agree." 

I jumped up and hugged my parents. I'm glad that they trusted me, but I'd definitely miss them when I lived in California with Avi and Kevin. My home was in Oklahoma, but I was ecstatic to explore the rest of the country. After that I ran to the other side of the table and hugged Kevin and Avi. We did a group hug and I was scrunched in the middle. 

After we finished our food, we exited the restaurant. "So I guess this is it for a year?" I asked. 

"Definitely not!" Kirstie objected. "We'll visit you for sure." She wrapped me up in a hug that I graciously returned. 

We all said our goodbyes and drove our separate directions. I couldn't help but feel a pang in my chest as I thought about finishing my senior year. It was such a bittersweet moment. Knowing that I'd have to go into the real world and leave my family behind, but also knowing that I'd have a new family in Pentatonix.