Christmas

December 23, 2016
Victoire's PoV

I ran to the car and anxiously awaited everyone else to get in. We drove to the school and Andrew started recording. I walked into the office and everyone seemed surprised to see me. Especially Vice. "I got your message," I said. 

"Oh. Good! We were wondering if you would be interviewed for our school paper." 

"Yeah, sure." 

She gave me a piece of paper with a room number on it. "And Andrew, I suggest you either get out of my office or report to class." 
Andrew fake coughed. "I'm suddenly feeling faint. Gotta go," he said, running from the office. The principal laughed and waved me off. 

I found the classroom without a problem. I worked in the newspaper, I didn't even need the number. "Vic!" the editor-in-chief, Sarah, exclaimed. "You're back!"
"Not for long. I'm flying out to New York to meet them on New Years." 
"You are too much, girl. Why are you here, by the way?"
"The Principal wanted you to interview me, I think." 
"Ok. JESSIE COME HERE!" A small girl with blonde hair came over and sat in front of me. 

"This is Victoire. She's the intern, remember?" The girl nodded. "Interview her, please." 

It was obviously Jessie's first interview. She was nervous and stumbled over her words. But, overall, she did a good job. If she worked at it more, she would be fantastic. After my interview, I went back over to Sarah. "Do you have a free camera? I can take some pictures for the next issue." She walked over to a desk and picked up a small red camera. 

"Can you work with this, hot shot?" 
I laughed. "I think so, thanks." 

I left the room and took some pictures. As I was getting a wide shot of the hallway, the bell rang. I groaned and got to the side of the hallway. Students came rushing out of classrooms. A few spotted me and ran over to me. They asked for pictures and I smiled for a few but as more people came over I started to feel overwhelmed. 

"I'm sorry. I need to go." I ran out of the crowd and back up to the news room. I sat down my camera and left the school. 

Mom drove us home and we had a movie marathon before I called it a night. "Sorry guys. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted." 

Dad laughed. "Okay, sweetie. Goodnight." 

I walked up to my room and threw myself onto my bed. It was comforting and I didn't realize how much I missed it here. '

I woke up the next morning to my mom shaking me awake. "It's Christmas Eve. Family's coming over." 

I got up and went to my bathroom to get a shower. I got dressed and then went downstairs to find most of my family already there. Everyone brought a dish and the food started to line up. I felt my phone buzz and I saw that it was a text from Scott. Scott, Mitch, Avi, Esther, Kevin, Kirstie and I were all in a group chat. 

I'm think we should match on News Years. - Scott

Not. Red. I look awful in red. - Mitch

Not Green either. It doesn't suit anyone. - Esther
White? - I responded. 

Avi would stain his. - Kevin

True. - Avi

Blue. - Kirstie. 

Sounds good - Scott

I clicked off my phone and joined one of my cousins by the fire. She had just graduated college and doesn't know what to do from here. We stuck together for most of the party. Dinner was delicious. Someone made turkey which was fantastic. Other people just bought cupcakes from Walmart. (No names though. *cough cough* Aunt Janette *cough cough*) Everyone knew Aunt Janette couldn't cook including herself. She once caught her stove on fire making popcorn. 

People seemed to hover around her at parties. She usually had stories about her ex-boyfriends or her co-workers. Aunt Janette was the total opposite of my mother with her fiery attitude and blonde hair. She was the last one to leave the party somehow managing to leave with more food than she came with. 

Christmas Day

I ran downstairs the next day to find presents under the tree. I pulled my stocking off the window and dumped the contents onto the floor. My brother did the same. My parents finally got downstairs and we exchanged gifts. I got Mom and Dad a fancy vase in Virginia. They got me iTunes and a boxed set of the Harry Potter series. Andrew got a new tablet. He dropped his last one down the stairs and it cracked. 

We all thanked each other and spent the rest of the day watching Christmas movies.