Competition

Victoire's PoV

I woke up the next day on my own. No one else was knocking on my door, so I checked my phone. There was a text from Avi: Hotel has free breakfast - be ready to go by 11. I got a shower and quickly went through my morning routine. Then, I went downstairs to the breakfast buffet. I got a plate and made myself a waffle. I also picked up some butter and syrup, a hot tea, and a yogurt. After I made my plate I brought it back up to the room. I briefly called my parents before I ate. 

After I hung up with Mom, I settled back on my bed and turned on the TV. I eventually found a channel and ate my breakfast. I threw my trash in the bin and checked my phone. It was only 10:24 now. I had half an hour before we left to who knows where. I just messed around on my phone for half an hour. Finally, it was time to go. I grabbed my bag and phone and went into the hallway. When I walked out the door I was greeted by a pair of arms around me. 

"Good morning to you, too, Scott," I laughed. 

He let go of me. "They love you! The fans, that is! They love you almost as much as we do!" I squealed a bit and started jumping up and down. 

"What is going on here?" Kevin asked as he and Avi joined us. 
"Everyone loves Victoire!" Scott said. 

Finally everything died down and everyone else joined us in the hallway. We all left the hotel and two cars were waiting for us. In one car there was Mitch, Scott and Kirstie. In the other car was Avi, Kevin, Esther and myself. 
"So where are we going?" I asked. 

"You'll see," Esther replied with a small smile. 

We drove past a gorgeous lake with trees in the background. The leaves were various colors and gathered on the ground. I pulled out my camera and took a picture. We eventually got to our destination. It was a park in the middle of town. We all gathered near a tree. 

"Ok, so here's how today's gonna work," Scott said. "Today's a competition day. There are a total of 5 challenges."
"The first thing we need to do is split into teams," Kirstie said. "Everyone will draw a straw and the color you get is the color team you are on."
"I'll go first," Mitch said. He drew a green straw. Kirstie also drew green. Kevin drew red. Scott drew red. I drew yellow. So did Avi. And finally, Esther drew red. 

"Ok," Kevin started. "The first challenge is here. We have to find a leaf that is this color." He pulled out his phone and showed us a color. It was a reddish-orange color. 

"Okay. Ready. Set. Go." We all ran off in different directions. I ran to the nearest tree and looked at the remaining leaves. I eventually found the color I needed, but it was too high. "AVI!" I screamed. He came running my way and lifted me up to tear it off. 

We ran back to the starting point, but Kirstie and Mitch were already there. Once we all made it back (Scott's team took forever. They eventually returned with a handful of leaves and a stick) we went back to the car. The next place we stopped at was Starbucks. 

"This challenge is to create the strangest drink. Then, everyone has to try it and we vote," Kevin explained. 

We separated into teams and began strategies. Avi and I decided that we were going to have a Green Tea Frappuccino with chocolate whipped cream and caramel infused. The lady looked at us strangely, but filled our order. Once we got back to the table, we put the three drinks in the center. 

Kirstie and Mitch had ordered a mocha Frappuccino with mint infused and a berry drizzle. Esther, Kevin, and Scott had a Strawberry Refresher with mint and caramel added in. 

Mitch spoke first. "If we were going for worst the prize would definitely go to Scott's team." He gagged a bit in between words. 

We all marked our votes (you couldn't vote for yourself) and tallied the votes. Avi and I got first. Kirstie and Mitch got second and Keven, Scott, and Esther got last. 

The next place we went to was a crowded street. "This challenge is recognition. We all have a timer and we have to see who gets recognized first. Meet back here once you're recognized," Kirstie explained. 

We all ran in different directions with timers on our phone. Avi and I decided to split up. I walked in a circle until a girl about my age came up to me. "Hi, are you the intern that was in Superfruit?" she asked sweetly. 

I stopped my timer. "Yep, that's me." I answered a few of her questions and got a picture with her before running back to the meeting point. Once everyone got together, we went over times. 

Scott - 2:34

Kirstie - 2:35
Mitch - 2:50

Kevin - 2:56

Avi - 2:37

Esther - 3:45

Me- 3:23

Mitch's team got an average of 2.42. Scott's team got an average of 2.78. And our team got an average of 2.8. Mitch and Kirstie were once again in the lead. 

"The next challenge is simple. You have to purchase the weirdest item you can find that can be used for lip gloss." 

Avi and I ran into the nearest store and found a bag of chocolate. We met the others and paid for our items. Kirstie's team had deodorant. Kevin's team had berries. 

"That is Kevin's team. No doubt about it." 
We were tied with them and Mitch and Kirstie were in the lead. 

"Now, for the final challenge," Esther said. 

"You have have to-" Scott started. "Win Rock-Paper-Scissors!"

Avi and I dominated the game. We won every game but one and tied with Mitch's team in the end.