I might bring pain to their hearts.

  I might bring pain to me.

  I might destroy River.

  I cover my eyes, tears threatening to fall. His happiness could disappear all because of me. Everyone could suffer because of me and my stupid actions. But what can I do? Nothing's working.

  And I can only hold on for so long...

  "I don't understand, Leader. You want me to do wife's blood test? Forgive me if it's not my place but why me?" Wilbur's voice gets closer and closer to me.

  I open my eyes to see River narrowing his eyes at him.

  "I'll tell him." I speak up, grabbing their attention.

  River looks at me worriedly. "Are you sure? You don't have to."

  "No, I don't." I shake my head. "But I want to."

  He backs away and lets a very perplexed Wilbur come forward.

  Wilbur raises an eyebrow at me. "What's going on? Is it something bad?"

  "Yes. It is, Wilbur."

  "Oh." Wilbur's eyes widen.

  I sigh. "I'm going to tell you this because I trust you and I fully appreciate everything that you've done. You're a tremendous person."

  "Thank you. That means a lot. Thank you very much."

  "Now..." I take a deep breath. "I'm dying."

After I tell Wilbur the short version of my situation, he agrees to do my blood test. River watches him the entire time with the utmost attention. I hold his hand to make him less tense, rubbing his forefinger gently.

Wilbur sighs as he stares at the syringe with my blood. "Well, I'll go test it. It'll be done in about fifteen minutes or so."

"Thank you, Wilbur."

"Of course. I'm happy to help." Wilbur smiles sadly at me before walking away. I turn to River and he searches my eyes.

  He sighs. "You're such a good person, my queen. Way better than me... You don't deserve this."

  "No one does, River."

  "Why are you so good to me?" He whispers and I chuckle.

  "I don't know. " I shrug. "I'm just really nice, I guess."

River laughs and nods. "That's true."

"So, what are we doing while we wait for the results?"

"Oh. I have to deal with some issues in the lab. And you should rest."

"Rest?" I groan, making him smile. "Why?"

"Well, how can a queen rule her kingdom with fatigue?" He winks and I sigh.

"You know how to really woo a girl, don't you?"

River leans in. "Is it working?"

"Oh." I grin as he searches my eyes, licking his lips. "It definitely is."

  He slowly connects our lips and I inhale deeply, my eyes fluttering close. His hand cups my cheek and I lean into him.

"Jesus, I wish I could kiss you forever." River groans and I smile. We continue to kiss for one more minute until I reluctantly push him away.

He pouts at me and I chuckle. "Don't give me that look! You have to work."

"I could take a break." He pulls my hips closer to him. "A very long break."

"As much as I would love that, you can't. You have a huge responsibility, River, and I can't distract you."

  River grins as he kisses my neck. "Just the thought of you is a distraction."

  "Good thing you have too much work to be thinking about me." I push him away again and he frowns.

  "Sorry, my queen." He shrugs. "I'm always thinking about you. It's inevitable."

  I punch his arm. "Look at you! Using big words like inevitable."

  "Oh, shut up." He rolls his eyes.

  "Is that how you speak to your queen?" I glare at him dramatically. "Off with your head!"

  He gasps with mock terror. "No! Please! I beg you!"

  "Well...I guess I can forgive you this one time. But as your punishment, you have to go to work and focus the entire day."

  "Okay then. I prefer to be decapitated." River bows his head and I sigh.

  I lift his head. "Just go, will you?"

  "Fine." He groans, slouching. I watch him as he slowly turns around and looks back at me. His foot moves only a centimeter.

  "Are you serious? What are you, five? How are you the leader to an assassination group?" I shake my head. "Go to work, River!"

  His foot once again moves only a centimeter and I roll my eyes. I give him a firm push, making him stumble forward.

  "Please, my queen–"

  "Bye, River! Have fun working!" I call out to him and he pouts. I watch him as he grudgingly walks away.

  "You know, it's cute how he calls you my queen."

  I smile at Wilbur, nodding. "Yeah, he's the best."

  A/N: Hey, guys! I'm so sorry this update took long. I had a bit of writers block. But, hopefully, I'm okay now.

  The next chapter will be posted soon.

  Okay, have any questions? Comment here!

  Have any requests for what I should write about? Comment here!

  And that's pretty much all. I love all of you! Sorry again for the late update. Thanks for reading!