V

"What is this?" I snapped, which made River raise his eyebrows in surprise at my outburst.

"Aren't you enrolled in the same school as this wonderful lady, son?" Alexander asked him and River nodded in response.

"I've actually seen her a few times, I believe, " River informed him. I took a sharp intake of breath at the sound of his voice.

I cleared my throat. "Hey, remember me? You know, the girl you abducted—"

"Taken to fix a misunderstanding, " Alexander corrected, which made my fists clench.

"Stop interrupting me, " I scowled. River let out a throaty chuckle, but I tried my best to disregard him. "Anyone want to tell me what's happening? No, wait. Let me guess: River here just stabbed that poor guy with a sword. Not with a knife or something more common. A sword, of all things."

"Yes, you are correct, " Alexander replied solemnly while River watched my reaction.

"Unbelievable, " I huffed and turned away, taking multiple deep breaths. My hands began trembling. Closing my eyes, I tried to calm myself. I was having a panic attack and I wanted to punch something with all of my might.

"Are you alright?" Alexander questioned, but I shook my head. I frantically put the handcuffs back on my wrists to control myself.

River stepped towards me. "What are you doing?"

"Stop. Just...explain."

"Alright, well, the man you saw was going to tell the police about us, " Alexander began and I quirked an eyebrow at them.

"So, what? You just kill them?"

"We prefer the term assassinate, " River clicked his tongue, looking me up and down in a judgmental way.

"He was a part of us, " Alexander continued. "He was going to betray his own people and we don't take betrayal very lightly. You betray, you die. Simple as that."

"Wait, what's us?"

He glanced at River before they both grinned and said: "The Blue Assassins."