XXVIII

My mind couldn't stop whirling.

I'm married...to him. I kissed him for the first time. I'm the co-leader of The Blue Assassins.

The situation is so awful but why do I feel so happy?

Marrying him and kissing him was probably the best moment of my life.

And at the same time, the worst.

"Blair." Someone whispers and I turn quickly. I come face to face with who's disturbing my thoughts. The fact that we're alone in a room didn't make things any better.

  And looking at him, my heart melts a bit more and I can't remember any coherent words.

He seems to feel the same way by how he's looking at me.

"H–hi." River stutters.

"Hi." I whisper for only his ears. He doesn't avert his gaze from me while I can't seem to look at him straight.

"Um. Are–are you okay?" He asks softly and I nod.

"Yeah." I gulp, "You?"

A nervous smile appears on his face, "Well, uh, not really."

"Yeah, um, me neither actually." I confess and he sighs in relief.

  "Oh, good. I thought I was the only one." River breathes out and I purse my lips, nodding. He stares at me for a moment and I see his gaze lower to my lips.

  I immediately begin to bite it out of a nervous habit. That made the situation worse since he had to close his eyes tightly. Faintly, I could hear his shallow breathing.

  When he opens his eyes, I could see that closing them in the first place made no difference.

  "Oh, forget it." He mutters harshly and before I can comprehend anything, he pushes me against the wall and crashes his lips on mine.

  A millisecond later, I react and kiss him back with just as much force. My hands get caught in his hair while his hands are roaming my body, slowly and desperately.

  This kiss is much different than our first kiss not too long ago. The first kiss was slow and short. But this kiss is fast, desperate, hot, and long.

  I didn't want it to end and from how hard River was kissing me, I knew he didn't either.

  But, as mammals, we have to pull and catch our breaths. River gives me a mischievous grin and I roll my eyes.

"Well, that was definitely something." River leans in, his voice dangerously husky, "Something I'd like to do again...and more."

I smirk, leaning in too. "Looks like you're gonna have to earn it."

And with that, I push him away then walk into the room our wedding party is being held. Obviously, everything's blue and white. Mostly blue.

"B.A!" A familiar voice calls, making me smile.

"Hey, Sam." I hug her and she hands me a drink. Furrowing my eyebrows, I ask, "What's this?"