XXII

Someone knocks on my door and I groan.

"What do you want?"

"Can I come in?"

I open my eyes and look down at my clothes. "Um, can you wait a few seconds?"

"Sure." River responds and I slowly stand up. I change into black leggings and a random jersey. Then I open the door and look into River's hazel eyes.

"Hi, River."

"Hello, my queen." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

I let him enter my room as I lean on my dresser.

"What do you want?" I ask him and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Ooh, you're a grumpy one in the morning, aren't you?"

"I don't know how everybody isn't."

River chuckles, nodding. "Wanna have breakfast with me?"

I gulp and he stares at me, waiting for my answer. Biting my lip, I say, "Uh, yeah. Okay."

"Alrighty." He smiles and I take some deep breaths, "Follow me."

I follow him upstairs with confusion. "Where are we going?"

"To the roof." River opens a door and I gasp.

"Such a beautiful view of the beach." I comment and he nods.

"I used to come here everyday as a kid."

"Lucky. The only beautiful view I had were bricks."

River laughs and I shake my head. "Well...I'm willing to share this spot with you."

I grin, "Deal!"

He pulls me to the edge of the roof and carefully sits me there, him beside me. I gaze at the beach and the water moving peacefully. The smell is the best. The cool breeze too.

"So what's for breakfast?" I question and River pulls out two plastic bags from his sweatshirt. He hands one to me and I quickly open it up.

"River!" I exclaim, smiling, and he chuckles.

"I heard you had an obsession with Nutella so..." He shrugs, "I thought Nutella on waffles would be the best breakfast for you."

I hug him.

"Oh." River laughs, "Okay. We're hugging now."

"You're the best." I kiss his cheek and he blushes a little.

Where did that boost of confidence come from?

"Thanks." He murmurs and I eat my waffle.

"Now I have to do something for you."

"No! Really, it's okay. I wasn't expecting anything back. I just..." He stammers, "I don't know. We're getting married and everything. I guess I just wanted to make the situation better for you. With you being my fiancée and all..."

I grin widely, "Yeah. I'm gonna have to do something really good."

•••

For the other half of the day, I managed to get some alone time. I made a group chat with Eric and Emily, talked to them about the most recent events, and I watched two movies they said had just came on Netflix. River allowed me to have my phone back since I was going to be marrying him pretty soon-

I bolt out of my bed and run down the hall to River's room. He was normally in his room in the afternoons, I noticed.

"Who is it?" He asks when I knock.

"Blair."

The door instantly opens and I slip inside. He raises an eyebrow at me as he closes the door.

"What's wrong?"

"We didn't even start planning!"

His expression is confused for a moment before he nods understandingly. "Oh. The wedding. Right. Um, I have some time right now?"

I nod, "Okay. How much? An hour and a half, hopefully?"

"Actually, I have two hours and a half." River responds and my eyebrows lift.

"Wow. That's even better!"

"Well, it was supposed to be a mini break for me but I would've ended up training." He shrugs, "Anyway, let's get started."

"First of all, I need paper and a pen."