Camp - Peter Parker x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Cap and Tony had an argument, and they decided to figure out who was better with a bunch of random summer games," You shrugged, "That and Tony has a lot of extra money to spend."

"Oh, that makes more sense," Peter laughed and took off his shirt and threw on the red one.

You put yours on too and turned to smile at Peter, "Let's beat these bitches."

Peter turned his head slowly to give you a strange look, confused at what you said. You laughed at him and grabbed his hand to drag him out of the room for the first event.

---

A few days had passed, and the scores for the teams were tied. Team Tony had won the slip-n-slide battle and kickball, while Team Steve had won truth or dare and pie eating. Today was probably the only day you were worried about the event since you had snuck a look at Tony's plan.

Tony and Cap stood side by side as they explained how the day was going to go.

"Now, we were going to do an archery contest, but with Clint here, we decided on a belly flop competition," Tony said quickly as everyone gazed over at Clint.

"What?" Clint smiled.

You looked over to Peter with a worried look, "Today is going to suck," You whispered, and he nodded in agreement.

"So there will be three parts of this competition," Tony started, "And three judges."

"We will be graded on style, pun, and splash," Steve explained and turned to where the judges would be coming from,"

"Style judge: Pepper Potts!" Tony announced, and Pepper walked out with a smile.

"Pun judge: Agent Coulson," Steve said, and Phil walked out with a wave.

"Of course, he would be judging puns," You whispered to Peter.

"And the splash judge: Fury," Tony ended, and Fury walked out with a look written all over him that he did not want to be here.

You were hoping to be one of the lasts; that way, you could see how other people got scores. Even if you had a perfect idea, you had to figure out a way to one them up some way.

The puns were almost unbearably cringe-worthy, and you and Peter made fun of nearly everyone. It was a way to pass this painful time.

After the puns started to get repetitive and maxed out the 'flop' pun quota, you were getting more excited for it to be your turn. The teams were neck and neck in points, and there were only a few people left to go.

Clint, Team Steve, stepped up to flop in. He had an arrow in his hand and smiled at the judges. "Caw caw mother fuckers," He smirked, threw the arrow into a target, and jumped in. Everyone winced at the sound of his skin hitting the pool; his was probably the best one all day. His pun also got a few laughs from it.

And he got a twenty-six in score.

It was now Peter's turn, and you were rooting for him the most. You didn't want to admit it, but your crush on your best friend has been growing, especially now that the two of you are sharing a room. And seeing him with his shirt off was always nice.

Peter walked over to stand in front of the judges. "You know what," He started, "I bet this will end up on the web," Peter smirked, held his hand up, and shot a web out of his arm shooter. He hit the building that was across from the pool and let it pull him in.

He didn't do as well as Clint did. He scored well on his pun, but his splash and style didn't score so high. Style: 5 Pun: 8 Splash: 5.

"You better bring this back!" Peter gave you a high five after Wanda went, and it was your turn.

You weren't too sure about your pun, but you knew your splash would be good. You walked up and looked to the judges, "It'd be a shame if this water were gone," You held your hand up to take some balls of water out of the pool, "Then it would definitely be a flop." You threw the water you collected up into the air to fly down as you jumped in; there were your style points. And with the most perfect timing, you had the water fall down to make your splash bigger.

When you got out of the pool, you saw the big smile on Peter's face.

Pun: 6
Style: 9
Splash: 10

Peter ran over to hug you, and there were only two more people to go. "You just won us the game!"

You laughed, "Peter, I only scored a twenty-five."

"It's better than eighteen!"

And truth be told, Team Iron Man won that fight.

---

"Hey, Peter," You whispered from your bed.

"Yeah?" He responded as he turned in his bed.

"I can't sleep." You groaned.

"Why not?" Peter was now sitting up and looking at you.

You shrugged and sat up to match him, "I'm just not tired."

"Do you want to go sit out in the lounge?" Peter asked, and you replied with a nod. You slowly began to get out of bed, and Peter grabbed your hand to drag you out. You two sat on the couch, talking quietly. Everyone else was asleep, and who knows what would happen if you woke one of the team members.

Tony and Rhodey were sharing a room, and Tony was sneaking in some work before going to sleep. This was supposed to be a no-work-week, but Tony couldn't resist. And he was keeping Rhodey up while working.

"Hey Tony," Rhodey began, "Are little (Y/N) and Peter a thing?"

Tony looked up from his work and shook his head. "No, they're friends. Not unusual to see them cuddle a lot, though." Tony said.

"So I've noticed," Rhodey commented, "Can you hurry up so I can actually get some sleep?"

Tony rolled his eyes and put his work down. "I'm just going to go get some water, then you can sleep," Tony said to Rhodey and walked out of the door. He was sure that everyone was asleep, especially the two youngest, and he really didn't expect to see his two trouble makers locking lips in the middle of the cabin.

He screamed, catching yours, Peter's, and Rhodey's attention. Your face immediately went bright pink, and Peter couldn't get any words out.

After taking a deep breath, Tony kept walking. When he passed you and Peter, he ruffled Peter's hair with a smile. "Spiderling has some game." Tony mocked.

"At least this camp went well for some people," Rhodey smirked from the door of his room.

You and Peter had to avoid eye contact with Tony and Rhodey for the rest of the week.