T H I R T E E N

Athena's POV

Should I tell Ysa? Should I just shut up and forget it happened? Oh gosh what am I going to do?

As I approached the doors of the school I couldn't help but think of what happened a week ago. It seemed to me that Aaron was dealing with something he shouldn't. Something that could bring old Ysa back.

I walked down the halls towards my locker when I saw Ysa talking to Patrice, Kaila and Bryce. It looked very serious as Ysa didn't have the usual scary btch face she always had. She looked scared- terrified even.

As much as I didn't want to because I knew it was wrong, I felt like I needed to listen in.

"You have no idea where he is?" Ysa said looking at Bryce.

"I haven't heard from him since the party at Hunter's house." He replied.

"He hasn't answered any of your calls or texts?" Kaila asked her.

"Nothing. Not even the people who he lives with knows where he is." Ysa replied worriedly.

Are they talking about Aaron? Did the people he was running from get to him? Where is he?

"Well no one's heard from him. So? This is normal behavior for Aaron. Remember what happened with his parents." Patrice said bringing up a time all of us remember and probably will never forget as much as we try.

"I just don't want to lose him. Not now. I'm not ready." She said her tough demeanor slowly fading and her old Ysa aura started showing.

Well until of course she realized I was standing across from her at my locker. Listening in on whatever they were saying.

"Hey freak show!" I heard her shout and I heard her boots hit the tiled floors signaling that she was walking towards me.

I didn't turn around. I just stayed looking inside my locker hoping and praying that she's leave me alone.

"Hey we're talking to you." If you haven't guessed it already... That was Patrice.

Again, I did not bother to look at them. I mean, what would that give me? Stress. That's what and I certainly don't need stress right now as our tests are coming up.

"Are you deaf or something? Has listening to your father's sermons in church got your ears to malfunction or something?" Ysa taunted.

I didn't want to turn around but she was making me. But one must remember what one's parents taught them and for me, it is to not give in to the temptation of being persuaded by outside forces that wish to do harm to you.

Sadly, that's not the case. No matter how hard you try to push them away, they will always come to you.

Except for today.

"You know what, I'm not in the mood to deal with you. I don't even have the time so... Good luck with life." Ysa said as I heard the clicking of her boots get farther and farther away.

That's weird. Has worrying about Aaron somehow gotten to her? It probably has.

"Hey. It's been a while." I heard someone say and I knew it was Bryce.

"Yeah. What's up with Ysa?" I asked him.

"She's worried. Aaron's missing. He hasn't returned any of her messages. She's scared really." He answered sadly. He probably cares about what happens to Aaron or all of them at that

"I haven't seen her like this in years. She actually still has emotions." I commented more to myself but I knew Brice heard.

"Well I better get back to them." He told me.